Final Configuration - Advice for Any alternative if requried.Budget 54k

prakhar

Disciple
Need Advice Regarding Building PC within Budget of Rs 40K

Q: What is your budget?

40K-45K excluding the Monitor. Separate Budget For Monitor atleast 20 Inches- Rs 10-12K

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)

I do not own any Desktop . I own a Laptop-HP DV5 1126ee

Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)

None

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.

Need suggestion regarding every component need to run a PC .

Processor

Motherboard

Memory/RAM

Storage- 500 GB sufficient. Since i have 2TB external Hard Drive

Power Supply

Cabinet

Graphic Cards

Coolers

Wireless Keyboard

Wireless Mouse

It will be my first Desktop PC.

If you guys are suggesting Intel , then i want Sandy bridge/ 2nd gen processors. i5 or i7 .

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component?

Yes, will upgrade the system if need be in next 2-3 Years

It should be future proof.

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)

New Delhi- Nehru Place- SMC International or Computer Empire or Cost to cost,. or another recommended by you guys.;) Would like to buy all the components from one shop.

Open to online purchase, preferably Indian Website.

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market

No

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware

Gaming

Browsing

Desktop Processing

HTPC

Download rig, 24x7 operation

Watching HD movies

Office Use

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.

Just want to go for the best.

Do not want to buy Asus product as I heard the after sales service in India is pathetic

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?

COD 4 ,FIFA,CRYSIS, NFS at medium to high settings

Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage

Gaming - 1280x728 ,1600x900, 1920x1080

Desktop - 1920x1080, 1440x900

Q: Are you looking to overclock?

Not Necessarily.

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?

Windows 7 32/64 bit

(Additional) priority list:

1. Future proof (2-3 yrs)

2. The CPU must be able to have slot for 2 monitors. I will attach two monitors to this desktop.

3. Good screen

4. Need atleast 8 USB ports- Need to connect a printer, scanner,keyboard,mouse + Need atleast 3 free USB slots for other devices

5. Need a Wifi- Card for the recommended Desktop- Can buy separate Wifi Cards for the same. As majority of the time i will be connected to Internet via wifi

6. Must be upgradable

Looking forward to your suggestions, thanks.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Hey tech junkies, Please provide suggestions soon. I have to make purchase within 7-10 Days from Nehru Place, New Delhi.

Re: Need Advice Regarding Building PC within Budget of Rs 40K

Processor Intel Core i5 2400 9300

Motherboard Intel DH67BL (B3) 5200

RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz CL9 2x2GB 1650

GPU MSI GTX560 Twin Frozr II 13750

HDD Seagate 7200.12 1TB 2750

Cabinet NZXT Gamma 2100

Monitor BenQ G2220HD 7400

PSU Corsair VX550 4600

Keyboard Logitech MMKB 400

Mouse Razer Deathadder 2100

Mousepad Razer Goliathus Speed Edition Omega 500

Speakers Altec Lansing VS2621 1500

DVD Writer Samsung 950

Total 52200

You can buy Wifi dongle from here : Buy Belkin F7D2101Ak Surf / Share Usb Adapter at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews

@Hades

The Processor you suggested is isnt Sandy Bridge / 2nd gen na? I want the 2nd gen intel processors/Sandy Bridge. If you are suggesting Intel.

How about AMD? Is there something equivalent to what you suggested?

Also MSI GTX560 Twin Frozr II has 1 GB memory na ? suggest GPU with atleast 2GB Memory.

How much will Seagate 500GB @7200 rpm cost?

How are the following two configurations -

Processor- i5 - 2400 - 9.5k

Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H67A-UD3H - 9k

RAM- G.Skill F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL - 4k

GPU-Sapphire HD 6870 - 13k

Storage-Seagate 500GB 7200.12 SATA - 1.5k

PSU -FSP Saga II 500W - 2.5k

Keyboard and Mouse-Wireless Combo MK260 - 1.5k

Cabinet CM Elite 430 - 2.4k

Monitor-Benq G2220HD - 7.6k

Speakers- Creative SBS A120 - 1k

TOTAL - 51k.

Processor-Intel Core i5 2500K @ 10.8K

Motherboard-MSI Z68-GD55-B3 @ 9.4K

GPU-MSI 6950 2 GB Twin Frozr III @ 15.8K

RAM-Gskill Ripjaws 1600Mhz DDR3 4GB X 1 F3-12800CL9S-4GBRL @ 1.8K

Storage-Seagate 7200.12 500 GB SATA @ 1.8K

PSU-Corsair GS600 80+ Certified @ 3.9K

Cabinet-CM Elite 430 with Transparent Side PAnel @ 2.6K

Keyboard and Mouse-Razer Cyclosa Keyboard & Mouse Bundle @ 2.1K

Monitor- Dell ST2220L 21.5" Full HD (1920X1080) LED @ 8.75K

Total- Rs. 55K

What can be mixed and matched from the 3 configurations i have including you mentioned. ?

@everybody else

Please come up with more suggestions. Atleast give 2 options for each component so that if the shop doesnt have one, i can atleast ask for other one. :)

the processor that i have suggested is a Sandybridge CPU... Also if you dont wanna buy GTX560 then buy MSI HD6950 Twin Frozr II... HD6950>=GTX560

How much will Seagate 500GB @7200 rpm cost?

2050... So it would be better if you would buy 1TB HDD as price difference is not much between these two hard drives...

What can be mixed and matched from the 3 configurations i have including you mentioned. ?

The rig that i have suggested is much more better and balanced than the rigs that you have mentioned in your post...

Okay.

So are these Nehru Place,New Delhi prices that you have mentioned ?

Also will MSI HD6950 Twin Frozr II be compatible with the Motherboard and Processor you mentioned ?

Can two monitors be able to connect with the motherboard you mentioned?

Any else you will like to recommend ?

Also will MSI HD6950 Twin Frozr II be compatible with the Motherboard and Processor you mentioned ?

Yes...

Can two monitors be able to connect with the motherboard you mentioned?

Yes... Just connect one monitor using DVI-D port and the another using HDMI port...

Note : Once someone installs a discrete GPU the motherboard's Video output ports become useless... So you would have to connect the DVI-D cable of your monitor to the GPU's DVI-D port...

How is this mother board- Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD4 B3 @ Rs 12.7 K ?

You said that you are not much into overclocking then why do you need a P67 or Z68 board? The H67 board would suffice for your requirements...

I mean if the price difference between P67 and Z68 and H67 aint huge then why not go with the one which is better overall ?

How much is the difference between the three above mentioned boards. And will P67 and Z68 boards be compatible with other components?

How much is the cost of your PC ?

Can you please tell me the individual prices of the components of your PC ?

I mean if the price difference between P67 and Z68 and H67 aint huge then why not go with the one which is better overall ?

Almost double... The H67 Board that i have suggested costs 5.2k the P67 and Z68 boards starts from 9k range... P67 and Z68 Motherboards are only good for people who want to build an overclockable rig... For the rest of the people H67 & H61 boards are good...

How much is the cost of your PC ?

65-70k... I built my rig last year...

Can you please tell me the individual prices of the components of your PC ?

Why do you wanna know invidual prices of my rigs components? You can build a much powerful rig than mine for lesser price ;)

Hey guys i have finally decided on the configuration:), but still confused between 4 options for the Motherboard and 3 options for the GPU. Help me choose. Rest of the components are chosen and decided. Will make the purchase from Nehru Place,New Delhi in 1-2 days. Please reply asap.:D
COMPONENT MODEL

PROCESSOR Intel Core i5 2500K
MOTHERBOARD Intel DH67BL (B3) or MSI Z68 -GD55-B3 or GA-H67A-UD3H or MSI Z68-ED55-B3 . Which one to choose?
GPU Sapphire HD 6870 or MSI 6950 2 GB Twin Frozr III or MSI GTX560 Twin Frozr II which one to choose?
RAM Gskill Ripjaws 1600Mhz DDR3 4GB X 1 F3-12800CL9S-4GBRL
HDD Seagate 7200.12 500 GB SATA
PSU Corsair GS600 80+ Certified
CABINET NZXT Gamma
MONITOR Benq G2220HD
KEYBOARD + MOUSE Logitech Wireless Combo MK260

Hey guys i have finally decided on the configuration, but still confused between 4 options for the Motherboard and 3 options for the GPU. Help me choose. Rest of the components are chosen and decided. Will make the purchase from Nehru Place,New Delhi in 1-2 days. Please reply asap.

COMPONENT MODEL

PROCESSOR Intel Core i5 2500K
MOTHERBOARD Intel DH67BL (B3) or MSI Z68 -GD55-B3 or GA-H67A-UD3H or MSI Z68-ED55-B3 . Which one to choose?
GPU Sapphire HD 6870 or MSI 6950 2 GB Twin Frozr III or MSI GTX560 Twin Frozr II which one to choose?
RAM Gskill Ripjaws 1600Mhz DDR3 4GB X 1 F3-12800CL9S-4GBRL
HDD Seagate 7200.12 500 GB SATA
PSU Corsair GS600 80+ Certified
CABINET NZXT Gamma
MONITOR Benq G2220HD
KEYBOARD + MOUSE Logitech Wireless Combo MK260

Instead of creating another thread you could have posted this query in the same thread that you had created before... Anyways... In the previous thread you mentioned that you are not gonna overclock then i dont think you should go with a Z68 mobo... And as far as GPU is concerned MSI HD6950 Twin Frozr II and MSI GTX560 Twin Frozr II both are good GPUs... If you would go with either of them you would be making a good choice... And instead of buying GS600 PSU buy Seasonic S12II 520w ~ 4.1k from Tirupati's Ebay Store or Corsair VX550 ~ 4.6k... Seasonic S12II 520w and VX550 both are better PSUs than GS600...

[Mod]Threads merged. Please refrain from creating multiple threads for the same query. [/mod]

If no OC then get a i5 2400 ~ 9.4k and a H67 and save some bucks.

Try getting a better PSU like the Corsair VX550 if it is in stock.

The GS600 is also good but its rated at 40C and has only 3 years warranty. VX550 is rated @50C and has 5 years warranty.

If buying online is an option then go for the S12II 520w :) Excellent PSU.

SEASONIC 520W POWER SUPPLY 80+ BRONZE (S12II-520) | eBay

With a 10% coupon you can get it for ~3.8k!

Thanks for the inputs guys.

I will like to know will NZXT GAMMA cabinet go with MSI Z68-ED55-B3 Motherboard and MSI GTX560 Twin Frozr II GPU ?

Also what should i emphasize and look carefully and tell the assembler while he is assembling my PC.

Also How can i connect BENQ G2220HD through HDMI with the above mentioned Motherboard and GPU.

Umm since you are going to be using multi monitor I would recommend 6950 > 560. Ati setups are a lot more multi monitor friendly you definitely want an ATI card for that. For future proofing the best bet would be to get 2500K and oc it. Maybe you can have a friend who is more comfortable with it to do it for you it is not hard at all with these intel K chips they were meant to be overclocked.

I will like to know will NZXT GAMMA cabinet go with MSI Z68-ED55-B3 Motherboard and MSI GTX560 Twin Frozr II GPU ?

Easily... And as you have already decided to go with a Z68 mobo then i would advice you to spend 700 bucks more and buy i5 2500k...

lso How can i connect BENQ G2220HD through HDMI with the above mentioned Motherboard and GPU.

BenQ G2220HD doesn't have an HDMI port... But you can connect the monitor using DVI-D cable...

Back