final few steps to finish my upgrade

stavan_d

Disciple
i have just reached the final steps in my upgrade(after procrastinating for a whole year) and this is what i have come up with...

amd phenom II x6 1055t
MSI 890GXM-G65
corsair 1333Mhz 2x2gb XMS3
Corsair vx450
Seagate 1Tb Hdd
cooler master 430/CM USP 100/NZXT Gamma(i'll see these in person and decide)

now my queries are...

1. as in this upgrade i m not getting a gfx card or a new monitor(budget constraints)... but am planning for it 6-10 months later... will vx 450 be enough then?

2. if not should i consider vx 550 or glacial power 600??

any other suggestions are welcome.

thanks

....VX450 should be fine with the 5770HD no issues there. The vx450 should suffice even for a 5850HD...

Go ahead with the upgrade, seems all good.

Cheers,

you should use this PSU Calculator..

your PSU requirements depend upon your GPU,Processor & overclocking (as it demands more power)..

do note that if the results show you that you should get HX1000 then get a TX850 it will work for you (as those people suggest to be on the safe side & get powerful PSU)

similarly if the results show that the compatible PSU will be TX650 then VX550 will do fine for you.. :)

@nav33n: i ran the PSU calculator... with the procy, 5800 gfx card, 3 HDDs and a lil overclocking... and it shows vx550 as minimum... so... what do i do?? do i go for 550 or do wht u said and scale it down to 450...

if you have money then better get a VX550 as you can use it for X-fire if you decide in Future,else if you are confident that you will not be going for X-fire setup & will stick to marginal cpu overclocking then go for VX450.. :)

vivacious_tg said:
better to go with VX550.
it is always better to go with a Higher Wattage PSU,but if you are sure about your needs regarding your PC Hardware then sticking to your requirements is a better option.

in your case it's VX450 but do remember that you'll not be able to X-fire two 58xx cards.

NAV33N said:
it is always better to go with a Higher Wattage PSU,but if you are sure about your needs regarding your PC Hardware then sticking to your requirements is a better option.
in your case it's VX450 but do remember that you'll not be able to X-fire two 58xx cards.
i m pretty sure i wont be using 58xx cards in crossfire... but what abt 5770?? will it work in cross fire in 450??

NAV33N said:
This is true but IMHO if you have a flexible budget it is always better to have more than enough :p. In this case VX450 is costing around 3.5 K & VX550 around 4.7 K.

Back