Audio Final Thread Before Buying My First Headphone/Headsets. Need Advice

raman07

Disciple
I am researching on Headphone/Headsets since a long time. First i was going to buy ATH-50x then dt770 but these are costly and many people complain that without amp they are pretty average. So i researched further and found Hyerpx Cloud headsets. I see many positive feedback about them and also they are cheap.

I am confuse between Hyperx Cloud and Hyperx Cloud core.
I does not really care about volume controller come with Hyperx Cloud but velour ear pads seems useful to me. I read review of people and many people said that leather ear pads make their ear sweat and not comfortable for long hour.
But on amazon cloud core are just 3600rs and cloud 1 are 6200rs. I did not find velour ear pads separately anywhere for hyperx cloud headsets. So not sure if i should spent extra 2500rs just for velour ear pads and buy hyperx cloud 1.
Are those velour ear pads worth spending extra 2500rs?

Is there any other headphone/headset under 6k that is better than hyperx cloud headset?

My main use of headphones/headsets are listening music, Watching English Movies & Eng Tuts. Since my English is not good so i want very clear sound so i can catch every single word of English language. I do not play games.

Please give me your suggestion

Thank You

Edit : Should i wait for Diwali sale? Does amazon give discount on every product?

My main use of headphones/headsets are listening music, Watching English Movies & Eng Tuts. Since my English is not good so i want very clear sound so i can catch every single word of English language. I do not play games.

Please give me your suggestion

Thank You

Edit : Should i wait for Diwali sale? Does amazon give discount on every product?

For the Above usage I strongly suggest Audio Technica's ATH-AD 700X - It is 32-36 ohm (I guess), so no need for any AMP/DAC - very easy to drive. Can be worn 5-8 hours normal temperature or even more if you are in AC room - Comfort level is top notch....No Sweat....very Deep Low End with it's 53 mm driver. It is guarantee with Crystal Clear Movie Sound....though it may not satisfy those people who are only wanted to hear the low end.

It is actually a Home Theater at your Head if you just pass your signal from via a clean AMP/DAC module (not mandatory though) and 2ch/5ch movie rips and English Sit Com, YouTube Videos are great in that.

Though it is a Open Air so everybody in the room can able to hear what are you watching and listening. Only one requirement though for these ATH-AD series as user need a average to medium size head....smaller head may face problem.

Also cheaper version like ATH-AD 500x is also available which is near 50 ohm need an Amp to drive them properly.

Last edited:
thank you for suggestion. I already ordered cloud core.
Also open back would not work. I do not want other people to know what i am hearing

Back