Finally a Full HD Monitor :P

Desecrator said:
As for the 2560 x 1440 resolution, you do realise you are going to need the best GPU to drive games to those resolutions?
Probably only multi-GPU could cut the ice here. An am sure who ever uses this for gaming, wants decent eye-candy on.

I am not sure what is the criteria for BEST GPU... a 6k graphics card with DX11 supports this Asus EAH5670/DI/1GD5 Graphic Card
And if you are ready to sacrifice DX11 and drop back to DX10 a 2.5k card is sufficient Asus EAH4350 SILENT/DI/1GD2 Card[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I LOL'd at this,......... Othernewo, you might know a thing or two about tvs and monitors, but I guess, graphics cards and gaming are not exactly your forte. You might wanna visit the graphics card section for more details on gaming and resolutions if you are interested..........

apextwin146 said:
You are the one who initiated a detour here by suggesting that a 27" Dell monitor is better suited
Half Truth is full lie... I said if it was a TV then sony bravia was better... and if it was a monitor Dell 27" was better...

apextwin146 said:
This specifically makes complete sense cuz in India just a month back a few of the Cable/Digital TV Providers started providing a few 720p channels. So yes it would have been wiser to buy FULL HD Tvs in 2007 when everything was in SD
India is receiving 1080i TV signals since Jan 2010 Sun Direct launches High Definition (HD) services in India - Express Computer
The thread reads "Finally a Full HD Monitor :p" and not "Finally a Full HD TV :p" or "Finally a Full HD TV Signals:p"

apextwin146 said:
A complete LED Backlit TV would be stunning as opposed to a Edge Lit LED TV that you have.
And LED Edge Lit LED would be "more" stunning as opposed to "so called" stunning LCD TV

apextwin146 said:
A dell monitor does what better? Would he able to watch TV at that resolution? Dell Monitor is 27" and this is 32". If you learnt maths in school you can clearly make out which is bigger.
I topped maths... and it tells me that "2560 x 1440" is much bigger than "1980x1080"

apextwin146 said:
Unless u watch Milk Packets on your TV i dont see a reason why u would choose a TV based on the color White.
Unless one did not study physics in school, one would not make this comment... Elementary Physics tells us the white light contains the whole spectrum of colors visible to human eye... and that is the only reason we care about WHITE BALANCE in all of our displays (camera, camcoder, TV, Monitor...)

I think I should ask a mod to have all these OT posts shifted to another thread.

Apologies Amol! :)

stalker said:
quid = the pound sterling

quid != any currency you wish it was
Thank you Mr. Obvious but I think everyone got the point here. Besides, the slang is widely being used for several other currencies apart from the GBP. :p

Desecrator said:
I think I should ask a mod to have all these OT posts shifted to another thread.

Apologies Amol! :)
+1 to that

Thank you Mr. Obvious but I think everyone got the point here. Besides, the slang is widely being used for several other currencies apart from the GBP. :p
No they don't :p which is why I pointed it out to you..

Sorry for the late reply, even though I was watching the thread, just didn't have enuff time to reply.

@otherneo : this is the first HD monitor for me, that's why the title, never though just the thread title would draw so much of controversy :ashamed: ... I just unpacked it and set it up last nite, after which I created the thread, never put much thought into the title :p

The Dell may be a better monitor with a higher resolution but did not suit my requirements of playing games and watching movies, since I'd require a very high end card to play games at full resolution and even regular dvd's wouldn't look as good on it. And yeah, I've done my research so I know what I was missing out on by getting a TV as a monitor, but turning off the sharpness and edge enhancement, I'm able to get it to display text which is similar to what I used to get on the 22" TN panel that I was using, infact I prefer the 1080p resolution on the 32" display since it's much more easily readable :p ... and FYI the tv uses a S-PVA panel.

As far as the sony is concerned, I did extensive research at chroma, (just as I'd done last year when I had to get the main TV) alongside the EX400 but IMO the Samsung was as good if not better with a few additional features.

@faheem : I'm broke after this purchase, so it's you guys who should be sponsoring me for the next few meets :p

@others : thanks a lot :D

Damages were 34k from NEXT, could've got it for a bit less but I didn't wanna wait :p , plus they had the 6month 0% emi scheme which was really helpful, since I was paying myself :eek:hyeah:

^It sure is and there is absolutely no controversy here. Just had to get his facts straight which I think he did.

Wow! congrats Xfactor, that monitor sure does look hot, and the BC2 screen shot simply makes me wanna buy the game! :)

A few questions, how has the change in response time affected your gaming online, for me, I played tf2 earlier with my 22' Viewsonic TN panel, and sniping in Tf2 used to be fun, but since I got the 2408WFP, I am not able to snipe as effectively, I presume this is coz of the ghosting. Have you noticed any such issues? Also what exactly do you have under the hood?

Man that last screenshot of BC2 really blew me away, what resolution do you game at?

Oh and congrats once again, sweet purchase no doubt!

@ otherneo. You do know that only a illiterate (technologically speaking ) person will buy any damn BE3 TV to be used with a PC.

BE3 TVs do not treat 1080P signal from HDMI as PC signal. They treat it as a video, and there goes your 2D quality out of window if you want to use it as a monitor.

When it treats it as Video, the pixel mapping is not accurate.

So you are forced to use inferior VGA cable to get perfect desktop experience which ruins the whole experience.

I would agree that the BE3 post processing and image processing engine is best in the business. I am partial to Sony in that matter ( I use 2 Bravias at my home ). But they are hopeless to be used as a monitor. great as TV but hopeless as monitor.

And when you tell a 6K graphics card is enough as it supports 2560 x 1440, you lost all respect on this forum and made yourself a newbie :p (Again specking technology wise :p )

@ xfactor, congrats.

Shripad said:
@ otherneo. You do know that only a illiterate (technologically speaking ) person will buy any damn BE3 TV to be used as a PC.
BE3 TVs do not treat 1080P signal from HDMI as PC signal. They treat it as a video, and there goes your 2D quality out of window if you want to use it as a monitor.
So you are forced to use inferior VGA cable to get perfect desktop experience which ruins the whole experience.
Whatever you say I agree... But the same is true for this samsung monitor...If you are not satisfied with BE3 quality, how can you be satisfied with even worse...
Shripad said:
I would agree that the BE3 post processing and image processing engine is best in the business. I am partial to Sony in that matter ( I use 2 Bravias at my home ). But they are hopeless to be used as a monitor. great as TV but hopeless as monitor.
Thats the whole point... using TV as monitor is a really bad option...
Shripad said:
And when you tell a 6K graphics card is enough as it supports 2560 x 1440, you lost all respect on this forum and made yourself a newbie :p (Again specking technology wise :p )
I expected that everyone would understand the things which I did not say...

To achieve maximum resolution the software and the hardware (monitor+GPU) should support everything... And if you are lacking in something to downgrade to least performing component... And I was NOT taking about the maximum gaming resolution...

Suppose I want to play FullHD games... I would think about the hardware (Monitor, GPU, RAM, Processor). If I have all the money I would upgrade everything... But if I do not have all the money I would plan my upgrade properly... and settle for a lesser resolution till my budget allows... But moving from a 1920x1080 22" monitor to 1920x1080 32" TV would not be the path for upgrade, atleast for me...

Same GPU/Processor/RAM would have delivered the 1920x1080 resolution with the same on the 22" LCD, 27" LCD and 32" TV
Desecrator said:
Yeah that makes sense... or maybe I will start a new thread "Monitor VS TV"

Desecrator said:
It sure is and there is absolutely no controversy here. Just had to get his facts straight which I think he did.
My facts were and are right..

14 posts and half are fighting and arguing about nothing..... Dude, the OP bought a TV and showed it off. You had to march in and say that its bad and what not like a 12 year old whose neighbor did not buy his favorite Hot Wheels car. Did he invite the comments? No.. Is it a socially acceptable behavior to criticise someone's new bought stuff? NO. Hell, even when one of my technologically illiterate friends buy a thing that is not current, I dont open my mouth and go on showing off my knowledge and say " you dumbass, you bought a 3 year old tech."

But, I guess as you progress in age and school, you will learn a thing or two about good manners and generally acceptable social behavior..

Congrats:)
BTW look how the tv socks up most of the camera flash, a plasma would have been all washed out,with grey blacks.
Even in the dark the blacks are almost bezel black thanks to SPVA panel.

@ Agantuk
Thanks for the link.

Q&A Time
=======
(1) Please tell me the maximum resolution of your TV?
1920X1080.
(2) Also, this is a TV right?
Yes, it is a TV.
(3) Is it possible to use a TV as a monitor?
Yes, but it is not advisable due to inferior picture quality?
(4) Isn't 32" too big for a monitor?
Don't know. What do you guys think?
(6) How much did it cost and where did you purchase it from?
I would like to know...
(7) Is it a LED monitor or a LCD monitor? If it is a LED monitor,
(a) Is it a LED backlit monitor or a pure LED monitor?
Seems like it is a LED backlit monitor...
Cheers.

Suppose I want to play FullHD games... I would think about the hardware (Monitor, GPU, RAM, Processor). If I have all the money I would upgrade everything... But if I do not have all the money I would plan my upgrade properly... and settle for a lesser resolution till my budget allows... But moving from a 1920x1080 22" monitor to 1920x1080 32" TV would not be the path for upgrade, atleast for me...

Same GPU/Processor/RAM would have delivered the 1920x1080 resolution with the same on the 22" LCD, 27" LCD and 32" TV

Has op mentioned anywhere that his 22incher as a full hd monitor?
He has specifically mentioned that this is his first..

otherneo said:
Half Truth is full lie... I said if it was a TV then sony bravia was better... and if it was a monitor Dell 27" was better...

India is receiving 1080i TV signals since Jan 2010 Sun Direct launches High Definition (HD) services in India - Express Computer

The thread reads "Finally a Full HD Monitor :p" and not "Finally a Full HD TV :p" or "Finally a Full HD TV Signals:p"

And LED Edge Lit LED would be "more" stunning as opposed to "so called" stunning LCD TV

I topped maths... and it tells me that "2560 x 1440" is much bigger than "1980x1080"

Unless one did not study physics in school, one would not make this comment... Elementary Physics tells us the white light contains the whole spectrum of colors visible to human eye... and that is the only reason we care about WHITE BALANCE in all of our displays (camera, camcoder, TV, Monitor...)

"I topped maths ..." - - - - - - - - But the rest of it remains unedeveloped or unusable unfortunately?

One may learn maths, physics at school but basic common sense, good manners, politeness, etiquette, logical reasoning, .... has to be learnt on one's own and before it's too late.

Shripad said:
@ otherneo. You do know that only a illiterate (technologically speaking ) person will buy any damn BE3 TV to be used with a PC.

I would agree that the BE3 post processing and image processing engine is best in the business. I am partial to Sony in that matter ( I use 2 Bravias at my home ). [U]But they are hopeless to be used as a monitor. great as TV but hopeless as monitor[/U].

@ xfactor, congrats.

otherneo said:
Whatever you say I agree... But the same is true for this samsung monitor...If you are not satisfied with BE3 quality, how can you be satisfied with even worse...

Thats the whole point... using TV as monitor is a really bad option...

I expected that everyone would understand the things which I did not say...

To achieve maximum resolution the software and the hardware (monitor+GPU) should support everything... And if you are lacking in something to downgrade to least performing component... And I was NOT taking about the maximum gaming resolution...

My facts were and are right..

You have failed to understand what balance of use mr.xfactor was trying to achieve and totally missed out on what Shripad sir wanted to say about the BE3.

One cannot think straight with blinkers on and they are definitely not used on donkeys. :p

You may be able to make singular statements which may be correct when taken out of context to this thread or to the OP's requirements.

But when you try to put them together, they don't make sense and that's where you are falltering.

common sense and logical reasoning have nothing to do with grades or degrees.

While the statements you make, when taken out of context, indicate you may have some knowledge of what you speak.

But using them together to prove others are wrong and you are right only makes you seem like someone who is obstinate, has part knowledge (only the technical specs and key features ie), has no first-hand experience in this field,

and usually uses or prefers to use his cash/cc more than his brains.

Please don't take my comments personally- they may sound harsh but i have seen many bright people end up looking like idiots just trying to prove their point by assuming things and taking discussions out of context.

But you are all worked up right now and only trying to find the best rebuttals to the best of "your" knowledge.

But whenever you are feeling nice and happy and calm and relaxed, read this entire thread again and try to read between the lines, especially on

- why the OP chose to use what he bought.

-why a similarly or slightly more expensive BE3 won't do the same job that a "even more inferior than a Bravia, according to you" C530 can.

If you still persist, history indicates you may have a very bright opportunity of being a moderator somewhere. :)

And before i forget-

Congrats Mr.Xfaktorrzzzz... :hap2:

Is that a C530? And how much did it cost? (sorry if i missed it)

@Adder - way off topic dude,you just had to bring in an imaginary negative point about plasmas,didn't you?
@Bikey - 34k, 6 month emi, 0 percent

Back