PC Peripherals Finally bought new computer - thanks to all

sunilyo

Adept
Hello everyone,

Finally i bought my friends computer this saturday from SMC international. Following is the config which we finally settled for:

AMD AM2 3600+ : Rs. 3300.00
Gigabyte GA-MA69VM-S2 : Rs. 3300.00
Kingston 1GB DDR 667 / PC2-5300 : Rs. 1850.00
Seagate 160GB SATA2 / 7200.10 RPM : Rs. 2200.00
Cooler Master Extreme Power 600W : Rs. 3800.00
Zebronics (Antibiotic) : Rs. 1780.00
LG H42N : Rs. 1500.00
Viewsonic VA1930WM 19†TFT screen : Rs. 10000.00
Samsung Pleomax : Rs. 180.00
Logitech (optical) : Rs. 330.00
Microtek 800VA : Rs. 2400.00
Total : Rs. 30640.00
Neither Jetway M2A-692 GDG nor Gigabyte 690G GA-MA69G-S3H was available so had to settle for the GA-MA69VM-S2. I dont know but how is this mobo compared to the S3H.

The system is up and running. but there are some issues like -

1. there was no driver CD for the mother board included in the pack. the Manual also does not indicate it in its item checklist.

2. I have installed Winxp with SP2 (pirated version) on the system. I tried to install the software for the Viewsonic monitor, but it does not do it as it is not able to find the monitor. what could be reason and what is the solution? any ideas guys???

3. the cabinet includes 3 LED fans (80MM) out of which only two are operating. I tried switching the power cable between the fans then also its the same. at a time only two fans operate. could be the problem with the internal wiring of that particular fan. I was thinking of connecting the inoperable fan in parallel with the one that is already working will it cause any problems ????

other than this everything else is working properly.

regards - Sunil

Also pls tell me if there is any kind of enhancements/tweaks that i can do to make the system run better/faster. Any bios tweaks ???

oops i forgot to thank everybody who helped me build this system. Thanks a ton guys. your knowledge and help is very much appreciated here. thanks again.

ram prices have fallen again. i got them 100rs a stick more. ehhh

in btw good buy dude. no cd for the motherboard you sure? strange i have never seen this. but i think you could have got the cooler master extreme a little cheaper and infact even the 380w cooler master would have dont your job unless you planning a gpu . great buy in the end enjoy.

sunilyo said:
Also pls tell me if there is any kind of enhancements/tweaks that i can do to make the system run better/faster. Any bios tweaks ???

Since you bought that particular proccy I am thinking you will be looking to OC.. Wont go into that.. there are plenty of guides out there..

But right away what you can try to do is tighten the RAM timings I guess. That RAM is rated for what 4-4-4-12? See if you can get it working at 3-3-3-8. Also try to find out what each of the features in your BIOS does (read the manual) and disable anything which you dont need..

What does DS/SS mean in memory setup terminology ? and could you tell me if the this is the 3600+ brisbane, becoz this what i have bought. How can i recognize if this is brisbane and not sempron or something else.

secondly. there is an audio input jack at the back of the monitor and in the menu system also has a volume control. does this mean that there are speakers attached to the monitor ???

I could not check it as i still have to install the drivers for audio. will do it today.

regards - sunil

Attachments

• amd.jpg
    amd.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 100
Vulc4n said:
But right away what you can try to do is tighten the RAM timings I guess. That RAM is rated for what 4-4-4-12? See if you can get it working at 3-3-3-8. Also try to find out what each of the features in your BIOS does (read the manual) and disable anything which you dont need..
I dont know exactly, where do i find the ram ratings on the RAM itself or on the box it came in. I am downloading some bios updates from the website. lets see how do they work.

What things should take care of before making any changes to the bios ? secondly can i undo the updations made to bios? or do i have to take a backup of the current settings first ?:huh:

sunilyo said:
I dont know exactly, where do i find the ram ratings on the RAM itself or on the box it came in. I am downloading some bios updates from the website. lets see how do they work.

What things should take care of before making any changes to the bios ? secondly can i undo the updations made to bios? or do i have to take a backup of the current settings first ?:huh:

Download CPU-Z (link provided by thexfactor). It will show you what timings your RAM is currently running on. Also it has a "SPD" tab which will show you the timings which your RAM is rated for and at what frequency..

If you want to just make changes to your RAM timings there's no need to back up your BIOS. If you over-tighten them and your system fails to POST you can just go back to factory defaults (rebooting 4 times in succession does it on my motherboard, may be different for yours) Or you can clear your CMOS using the jumper.

If you want to flash your BIOS, then I think you should back it up first. Somebody else would be able to help you more with this. Never done a BIOS flash myself :ashamed:

I ran CPU-Z. The CPU i purchased is not brisbane but Windsor.

My friend wont require it, but the mobo doesnt not allow OC, so keep away from this mobo all OC enthusiasts. I ran the software called Easytune provided for AMD mobo and the OC tab was disabled thats how i came to this conclusion.

In the SPD tab the max core FSB of the memory is being shown as 333mhz, whereas in the POST screen it shows it as 667 mhz why is it so. is it the motherboard that is limiting the memory speed or it is becoz i am using a single stick. the memory i bought is 1GB kingston value memory (hynix).

I downloaded and installed all relevant mobo drivers and now the VGA is much better and Audio is also working.

sunilyo said:
but the mobo doesnt not allow OC, so keep away from this mobo all OC enthusiasts. I ran the software called Easytune provided for AMD mobo and the OC tab was disabled thats how i came to this conclusion.

In the SPD tab the max core FSB of the memory is being shown as 333mhz, whereas in the POST screen it shows it as 667 mhz why is it so. is it the motherboard that is limiting the memory speed or it is becoz i am using a single stick. the memory i bought is 1GB kingston value memory (hynix).

SPD table lists the frequencies and timings for the ram has little to do with the system fsb, ram at 333mhz for ddr2 means 333x2

Check out the options provided in the bios insted of using easytune to oc .

thexfactor said:
SPD table lists the frequencies and timings for the ram has little to do with the system fsb, ram at 333mhz for ddr2 means 333x2

Check out the options provided in the bios insted of using easytune to oc .
333 x 2 - how does it work out? perside of RAM ???

checked in bios for OC options but does not have anything that i could use to OC.

But tell me this windsor/brisbane confusion, is it the same case with intel also or its just that the higher the model number (eg.e4300) the better as simple as that.

sunilyo said:
Hello everyone,

Finally i bought my friends computer this saturday from SMC international. Following is the config which we finally settled for:

AMD AM2 3600+ : Rs. 3300.00
Gigabyte GA-MA69VM-S2 : Rs. 3300.00
Kingston 1GB DDR 667 / PC2-5300 : Rs. 1850.00
Seagate 160GB SATA2 / 7200.10 RPM : Rs. 2200.00
Cooler Master Extreme Power 600W : Rs. 3800.00
Zebronics (Antibiotic) : Rs. 1780.00
LG H42N : Rs. 1500.00
Viewsonic VA1930WM 19†TFT screen : Rs. 10000.00
Samsung Pleomax : Rs. 180.00
Logitech (optical) : Rs. 330.00
Microtek 800VA : Rs. 2400.00
Total : Rs. 30640.00
Neither Jetway M2A-692 GDG nor Gigabyte 690G GA-MA69G-S3H was available so had to settle for the GA-MA69VM-S2. I dont know but how is this mobo compared to the S3H.

The system is up and running. but there are some issues like -

1. there was no driver CD for the mother board included in the pack. the Manual also does not indicate it in its item checklist.

2. I have installed Winxp with SP2 (pirated version) on the system. I tried to install the software for the Viewsonic monitor, but it does not do it as it is not able to find the monitor. what could be reason and what is the solution? any ideas guys???

3. the cabinet includes 3 LED fans (80MM) out of which only two are operating. I tried switching the power cable between the fans then also its the same. at a time only two fans operate. could be the problem with the internal wiring of that particular fan. I was thinking of connecting the inoperable fan in parallel with the one that is already working will it cause any problems ????

other than this everything else is working properly.

regards - Sunil
hey ....how different is va 1930wm from vg1930wm. Whats the big difference thAt these 2 r 2k apart in prices.Did u check for vg1930wm???

Back