Finally go PCI-E

thexfactor

Insanely Awesome!!
Skilled
Hey guys after more that two years of service i finally managed to sell of my AGP 9800pro and got myself the Palit 7600GT Sonic, just installed it today, here are some snaps and benchmarks i've managed to get so far ...

3D Mark 05

@575/750 i.e stock factory OC'ed speeds

@600/800

Everest screenshots comparing my 9800pro to 7600gt

As I've mentioned above the card i got was the Palit 7600gt Sonic which is factory oc'ed to a higher clock and mem clock speed, however I was surprised to see no ram sinks on the ram, the Palit site shows the same picture for both 7600gt & 7600gt Sonic which has a heatsink. The sonic model uses the 1.2ns memory compared to 1.4ns for normal 7600gt. Could something be wrong ??

Finally!!:eek:hyeah:

Must have been a tough wait all this while!!

Congrats!!:)

BTW, purchased here in Mumbai or that Palit deal from Mohit??
And how much??

p.s. lazy me- links to site and the pics u mentioned- please!!:p

The card I got was the Plain 7600GT(clocked at 560/1400)....It had the ram heatsinks....I got for 8.6k...so how much more is this sonic Version.

Moreover my card at stock give 5850 3d marks 2005...when oced to 650/1550 it gives 6557 3d marks

@Bikey
Got it here in bbay itself for 9.5k, I know that seems high but the only other 7600gt available was BIG for Rs.10800/-. also the non oc'ed version of Palit 7600gt was 9k+taxes. Only difference was faster ram, no heatsinks & conflict global storm game cd.

The following sites show the sonic version having ram sinks
www.hardwarezone.com® :: Articles - Coolest Hardware, Hottest Reviews
VR-Zone : Technology Beats - XpertVision 7600GT Sonic Voltage Mods
Palit Microsystems, Inc.

btw played fear and oblivion for a couple of hours after oc'in then touched the ram didn' seem to heat up too much. The temp was at 55.

@Renegade2
Best 3dmark05 score I got was 6307 @ 605/811.....unfortunately my core doesn't seem to go as high as your's i.e 650mhz. Still I think the score is good enough considering I got only 1 stick of 512MB Hynix

Edit : Seems like even the EVGA and XFX cards don't have ram sinks

Back