Graphic Cards Finally got my 8800GT (AGAIN!!)

heh.. i remember posting that topic about 2 months ago when i had first got my 8800GT which unluckily was DOA :ashamed: ... had to send it back.. and now.. after 2 months.. here it is again.. i also got the Thermalright HR03GT to keep things cool ( a special thanx to a great friend here in TE for this cooler)
The card works great... and the cooler keeps it surprisingly coooool...
with stock cooler it idles at 53c and load with fan controled at 70% at 68c
with HR03GT+Fan it Idles at 35c and at load (stock as well as OCd) at 45c-48c
now thats amazing drop in temps...
neway.. the cards been great...
tried almost all the latest games .. all work flawlessly at 45+ FPS at 1680x1050 res... except crysis which ive to run at 1280x800 res to get a playable framerates...
neway here are few pics of the card and the cooler....

congrats on the card & the hsf.

its really sad to hear that it took 2months for them to give u a replacement.

i think i was the lucky 1. my msi 8800gt oc was doa & i got the replacement the next day from tirupati.

well.. whenever i called them they said they were always out of stock... in the beginning of jan around 5th i guess they got their stock... after that it took another week for them to ship it.. and another week for me to receive it.. so yeah.. i guess u can call it a really bad luck that this had to happen.. but neway.. its never too late i guess...

currently enjoyinh The Witcher at 75+ FPS all time.. this cards a great overclocker... i managed to OC it to around 750 core and 1050mhz memory (guess it double of that arnd 2100mhz) and still the temp stays at 47c max after 3 hrs of gaming...i donno if i can go any higher.. but with this cooler.. i guess it wouldent be that hard to achieve higher clocks... but im a bit cautious.. hehe don wanna spend another 2 months for another RMA :p

this cooler is really really great.. heh.. and the entire is soundless .. amazingly..

m really happy :p

lol.. congrats mate... rashi is always either out of stock ( when RMAing ) or feels the need to fight with us when we need a replacement badly.. they !@#$%^ SUK :D congrats again

redscorpion_11 said:
well.. whenever i called them they said they were always out of stock... in the beginning of jan around 5th i guess they got their stock... after that it took another week for them to ship it.. and another week for me to receive it.. so yeah.. i guess u can call it a really bad luck that this had to happen.. but neway.. its never too late i guess...
currently enjoyinh The Witcher at 75+ FPS all time.. this cards a great overclocker... i managed to OC it to around 750 core and 1050mhz memory (guess it double of that arnd 2100mhz) and still the temp stays at 47c max after 3 hrs of gaming...i donno if i can go any higher.. but with this cooler.. i guess it wouldent be that hard to achieve higher clocks... but im a bit cautious.. hehe don wanna spend another 2 months for another RMA :p
this cooler is really really great.. heh.. and the entire is soundless .. amazingly..
m really happy :p

You have reached the limit of overclock even with this cooler, but u didnt mention your shader clocks??

well yeah... after 750core/1875shader/1050mem clocks.. it wouldent go any higher.. i mean.. i am able to take the clocks higher but after 2 loops of 3dmark the pc hangs.. even when the temps stay at 47c MAX.. but.. even this isnt bad eh.. great card.. great cooler :D ...

_pappu_ said:
Volt Mod :d

are you suggesting a volt mod???? i dont think its such a great idea since the gains of volt mod are pretty limited by the Qimonda memory chips on this card, also the gains are just another few hundred Mhz on the Core Clock and plus the card loses the warranty.

let em enjoy the card for now :p He just got it, i am 100% sure he wont be voltmodding it ( hardmod or bios mod) anytime soon.

Enjoy the card.

hehe..yup.. nevr gonna do anyhting which aint software level :p .. neway.. enjoying this thing to the fullest ...

oh btw.. eagerly awaiting the next batch of NV cards :D

Just a tip for fellow gamers buying GFX cards.

I have used/using 2 Leadtek GFX cards till now. 7900GT & 8800GTS 640

Its dealer at Chennai is Top Notch Infotronics (Zebronics, i guess)

7900GT had power issue 3 weeks after i bought it. It was immediately replaced with a new boxed pack card within 1hr.

After year and half, the card crashed again (jaded images), I sent it for replacement, They didn't have 7900GT card that time(naturally the card was not avail in the market), They took 2 days time and told they don't have any 7900GT's and offered me a 7950GT(which will take 1 week), I told that i need card urgently and they agreed for a exchange of 8800GTS 640MB(with full 3yr warranty) with a reasonable step up money paid by me.

For components like high end GFX card, its best to go for 3 years warranty and most cards can go kaput after 18 months with the amount of torture, we gamers give them :). But that time, our old card will not be in the market. Naturally we get a better card or a high end card with negotiations

Also, need to go for a card with good after-service. Top Notch is one among them. Have had very good experiences with them.

Back