Finally got my hands on some GM 8.0s

Was looking for these for quite a while but I finally got some for my mice. They sound nice.

Attachments

• IMG20221115141302-01.jpeg
    IMG20221115141302-01.jpeg
    198.2 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG20221115140911-01.jpeg
    IMG20221115140911-01.jpeg
    374.7 KB · Views: 204
Yep they're great switches rated at 80 million clicks, I stumbled onto them while researching about why logitech mice begin developing double click issues so often and realized it was because they cheaped out on omron switches.

These have been available at genesispc for quite some time, is that where you got them from?

Yep they're great switches rated at 80 million clicks, I stumbled onto them while researching about why logitech mice begin developing double click issues so often and realized it was because they cheaped out on omron switches.

These have been available at genesispc for quite some time, is that where you got them from?
Cheaping out might have be the incorrect term. They have reduced the voltage supplied to the switches, which is a contributing reason for the switch failures.

But people keep buying Logitech, and company can advertise higher battery life, no company doesn't care.

Yep. And yeah, Logitech needs to figure this out.

Was looking for these for quite a while but I finally got some for my mice. They sound nice.
They are bit heavy imo But good

yup great website for keyboard related and other tools

Get a soldering iron, some solder and desoldering wick. First you'll have to desolder the original switches so you'll have to press the desoldering wick with the iron against the soldered points of the switch till the original solder is gone.
Next, remove the old switch and make sure there's no old solder on the PCB. After that, insert the new switch and solder it by melting some solder wire with the iron.
It's not difficult but does take some practice. If you're not confident that you can do it, you can take it to some phone repair shop or an electronics repair shop that can solder it for you.

Back