FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in my life!

Status
Not open for further replies.
congrats :) ? what was the damage ?

and is the warranty 3 yrs or 5 yrs can you please check ?

1TB looks too tempting these days ,especially with the 3.9k ebay price (with coupons).I had plans of getting a 640GB as it was very VFM but now eying a 1TB.

^ It's "Made in Thailand" or "Made in China"...

Its written on it but you took the pics such as that its very difficult to make out...

^^ Ow ok.. will take the pic later on clearly and calmly.. btw i 4g0t what i saw on it coz i have a couple of hdds here.. so now am not quite sure if its made in thailand or china.. btw does it matteR?

EDIT: Very few pieces of this particular hdd available here atm. The new ones prices are damn high from the dirstirs themselves to the dealers. So for buyers its gonna be damn expensive. Plus this is 7200.12 ones.. havnt seen or heard issues bout this so i dont think it matters in this. It mattered with the failure rates in 7200.11 @ MIT / MIC.

b00gieMan said:
^^ Ow ok.. will take the pic later on clearly and calmly.. btw i 4g0t what i saw on it coz i have a couple of hdds here.. so now am not quite sure if its made in thailand or china.. btw does it matteR?

You have more than one 1TB 7200.12 :huh: Its written on the sticker. I have two 7200.12 1TB & they both make a single click/clunk sound on shutdown. They are "Made in China". Just want to confirm this if its the same.. I might give them for RMA since the seller refused to get them replaced...

You got them at pretty good price also..

BTW, that clunk sound is pretty common on these or seagate hdds. Nothing wrong in them. I used to get them in the PC @ work as well as they had seagate hdds. Plus my old seagate also makes this sounds. This is not a defect, its a sound made by the starting of the discs and its pretty common! I have old samsung ide as well.. even that one makes that kinda sound on start up.. Infact that sound is a healthy sound of hdd powering... whenever there is no such sound.. that time my hdd isnt detected.

Plus you dont get options here (atleast) to go and ask for Made in Thailand / Made in China as the dealers themselves dont know the difference and these HDDs and such products are distributed universally! like if this shop is having this product then all the shops will be having the same as the distris are same and common. These hdds distribution is unlike Intel Processors where you might get diff steppings at diff shops, etc.

b00gieMan said:
BTW, that clunk sound is pretty common on these or seagate hdds. Nothing wrong in them. I used to get them in the PC @ work as well as they had seagate hdds. Plus my old seagate also makes this sounds. This is not a defect, its a sound made by the starting of the discs and its pretty common! I have old samsung ide as well.. even that one makes that kinda sound on start up.. Infact that sound is a healthy sound of hdd powering... whenever there is no such sound.. that time my hdd isnt detected.

The sound is not at start up. I know the start up sound & its quite normal.. even my 500GB Seagate make them... Its the single loud click/clunk at shutdown when windows switch off the computer (Power is cut by OS). The sound is profound... :mad:

Okay, i was typing the stuffs from a different computer.. i got up and started the pc just to check.. well now on shutting down there is a click sound but its not like what u've mentioned "Loud / Profound". Plus this sounds seems normal and something which i dont think wasnt there b4 :S.

Plus, some research on the internet also says that its some sort of Power Management thingy..

Anybody else getting this kinda clicks from seagate while shutting down?????????
HailStonE said:
The sound is not at start up. I know the start up sound & its quite normal.. even my 500GB Seagate make them... Its the single loud click/clunk at shutdown when windows switch off the computer (Power is cut by OS). The sound is profound... :mad:

b00gieMan said:
Okay, i was typing the stuffs from a different computer.. i got up and started the pc just to check.. well now on shutting down there is a click sound but its not like what u've mentioned "Loud / Profound". Plus this sounds seems normal and something which i dont think wasnt there b4 :S.

Plus, some research on the internet also says that its some sort of Power Management thingy..

Anybody else getting this kinda clicks from seagate while shutting down?????????

My best guess is the actuator arm is returning to the landing area & its hitting something.. Don't know exactly what... :huh:

I've 3x 500GB Seagate & they produce a very faint sound like this on shutdown... hardly noticeable.. But these HDD's are making a sound almost on par of my mouse click (MX518) :(

^^ What nonsense man! that cant be possible... if thats the issue then it'd be on a single hdd or some defective hdd or some hdd gone bad... not on the new ones. Plus that cant be on all the HDDs.

Edit: BTW, you bought it brand new or its a 2nd hand Used one? If its a brand new.. did you face this issue since day 1 or it started later on recently. If it was since day 1 what did the dealer say in taht case?

b00gieMan said:
^^ What nonsense man! that cant be possible... if thats the issue then it'd be on a single hdd or some defective hdd or some hdd gone bad... not on the new ones. Plus that cant be on all the HDDs.

Edit: BTW, you bought it brand new or its a 2nd hand Used one? If its a brand new.. did you face this issue since day 1 or it started later on recently. If it was since day 1 what did the dealer say in taht case?

Don't get hyper.... :p

They were brand new... Started off the sleeve... I got it from a dealer here on TE & he said its more than 3 days & his supplier will not exchange them...

The sound is there & I am able to hear it clearly...

^^ Wait a min, i'll clear all our doubts in 2 mins. Doing something important for the same. Be here. I'll post in a few Minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back