Nikhil

Skilled

Free Image Hosting

Intel C2D E8400 -- 7.6k

Asus P5Q Deluxe -- 10.8k

Corsair HX620 --- 6.2k

Sapphire 4870 --- 18.5k

CM 690 with transparent side panel --- 3.8k

Logitech MEdia keyboard --- 400(including tax).

Transcend 2x2GB DDR2 800 --- 3.8k

I actually wanted the P5Q-E. I even asked for that there. He removed it and everything but then Supra convinced me to go for the Deluxe. Initially, he was saying 11.5 for the Deluxe.

Transcend RAM is Powerchip on Brainpower PCB. Again, thanks to Supra that I got this. But at the store, all the RAM kits were Powerchip. Supra helped me to pick out the closest pair.

I didnt want the keyboard because I thought multimedia keyboards will be more than 1k. This was just 400/- so I bought it. It has everything I need. Volume control, play, pause, next track, previous track, shortcuts for any 3 functions. I'll use them for MSN MEssenger, Y?ahoo and Firefox. Maybe one for foobar2000.

CM690 is awesome. The way everything is made is marvellous. This is the first time I am owning a proper well made cabinet and the difference is so clear. No wonder these cabbies are expensive. Initially that guy said he'll give me the one without transparent side panel but then when he opened it, it was wit the transparent side panel. He didnt charge me extra for that.

Corsair HX 620 is damn neat. More cables than you'll ever need.

GPU --- What can I say that hasnt been said already? I havent yet played any games on this. Still on my 793MB so I'll play at 1024x768. I doubt the 4870 will even break into a sweat at that resolution :p

This GPU is freaking huge. I had trouble mounting it properly.

For some reason, I had trouble mounting the Intel HSF. The pins werent going through at all. Initially I was getting temps of 70deg C in BIOS. Now, it seems to around 47. Idle. I know it's too much. What can I do? I cleaned the CPU and the base of the HS and applied AS5.

Finally a BIIIG thanks to Supra. He not only came with me and got me a discount but also helped me pick out the RAM and a good stepping for my CPU.

Thanks a ton man!!

^^ amen to that :cool2:

nice buy man...do some cable management man...really it takes pain but still a good eyecandy it is....refer image gallery of gannu or saiyanzzz

Awesome stuff Nikhil, close to about the stuff I am gonna buy, how did u get the P5Q-Deluxe for 10.8??!!.. Its retailing for 12k!

And with respect to the cooling aspect, my E6400 idles at 54C with the stock cooling! It shouldnt be so high no matter what, but you can try out aftermarket coolers like the TRU 90i, TR 120X.

CONGRATS once again! great rig u put together.

That's not a f430,its still a beetle with mustard up its bottom:D

Jokes apart,you got a kick a** config,enjoy.Do post reviews in future.

congrats dude. ..really nice choices ! so this the result of all those yeaahhh !! threads :rofl:

and buddy please take care of the cable management ..all that mess doesnt look good on the 690 :p

congrats once again ..

Let me be the first one to say

YOUR CABLE MANAGEMENT SKILLS SUCK!!!

Now when that's done... Congrats on the sweet purchases... You still have few parts left i guess :p... When those arrive you will realize the full power of the red devil...

I picked up the same cabby few couple of days back and seriously i am not satisfied with it... Its a poor built cabby compared to the SLB i was using earlier... CM did cut quite a few corners to save on the cost...

All in all nice parts all around... Just get that HSF for the proccy if you plan to overclock otherwise sit tight with the system... It will be able to handle "everything" at native res of the expected monitor ;)

Woah mayn!
Njoi this kickass rig of urs. .and if u want the members no to kick ur ass more for the cable management. . Then Do it at the earliest. .hehe
Njoi!

77.gif
77.gif

Congrats !! Well worth the wait, shire :)

Back