Finally!! My long overdue upgrade. Volkswagen Beetle ---> Ferrari 430 Scuderia

Not interested in numbers :p

I just ran Super pi for the heck of it with everything stock and some 2 things installing and it was 16.xx. For 1M.

Anyway, for all those cribbing abt cable management, it is better now. That pic was taken in the middle. LAter, I spoke to Supra and he gave me a suggestion which was very useful. To route as many cables as possible behind. I have never done this before and I was surprised just how useful it could be!

One thing is that the 8 pin cable to the mobo at the very top cannot be rerouted as it's short. I have to take it right in front, above the GPU qand the CPU HSF.

Another problem is that all the cables at the back are now clumped together and I am finding it difficult to close the side panel. The back panel. Not the transparent one.

Switch said:
Let me be the first one to say

YOUR CABLE MANAGEMENT SKILLS SUCK!!!

Now when that's done... Congrats on the sweet purchases... You still have few parts left i guess :p... When those arrive you will realize the full power of the red devil...

I picked up the same cabby few couple of days back and seriously i am not satisfied with it... Its a poor built cabby compared to the SLB i was using earlier... CM did cut quite a few corners to save on the cost...

All in all nice parts all around... Just get that HSF for the proccy if you plan to overclock otherwise sit tight with the system... It will be able to handle "everything" at native res of the expected monitor ;)

Thank you!! :D

No other parts coming. Only the monitor is due.

And yes, the HSF will be replaced when I start working. I may even buy a GPU cooler.

As of now, I am going to keep everything at stock. Also give the chips some time to burn in. Supra was already asking me how the RAM performs!!

I need to get familiar with the mobo and the various options first.

BTW, my 250GB HDD died. No idea why. It just did. I had to reinstall XP on the other hdd.

Went to Chaos' house today to test and it is well and truly dead. What nonsense.

BTW, I forgot to thank Gannu.

He educated me quite a lot on all the new developments. I was totally out of touch with the hardware scene and Gannu gave me a crash course on Yahoo Messenger.

He also brainstormed with me abt the components. Whether to go for an E8400 over an E7200, a 4870 over a 4850, etc... In the end, I just went for the best. Long time members will remember how long I keep my rigs for :p

I have no plans to upgrade anytime soon. At the most another 4870 in a few months or maybe a year's time. Nothing before that. I want this rig to last me as long as my old one.

Thanks a ton buddy!! :D

@Udit --- You must be happy to see me upgrade finally!! You kept bugging me to upgrade :p

In same shoes as mine...

All you need is a 8 pin cable extender... I also need one... Let me know if you spot any in India... As for outside india i already have few sell them fairly cheaply...

And for your second problem all you need is Cable Tie Adhesive Mounts... Look for it in this thread http://www.techenclave.com/dealer-s-paradise/go-case-modding-104557.html You should be able to source it easily from the local market, if not then ask KMD :p

Sorry to hear about your HDD... Hopefully it would be in warrenty...

Coming on to GPU HSF... Trust me you wont need one... I have raised the fan rpm's from 20 to 35 and already my idle temps are down to 50 from 70... So i dont think i will invest anymore in a extra GPU HSF as of now...

You don't need to overclock anything... All you will end up with is higher temps... So avoid it for general use... For benches its all good...

Jasku said:
Nikhil, you still havent told me how you got such a sweet deal on the P5q deluxe?

Hmm............ that's Secret i think :bleh:

CongRats dude.

Enjoy the GRID

But i still don't think that's a Scuderia :p

saintsinner said:
congrats bro.. great prices and awesome stuff!

planning to come to delhi again?

Thanks :D. Also, thanks to everyone else who commented in this thread :)

No plans as of now. Will keep you informed if anything comes up.

About the P5Q Deluxe --- As I said, it's all thanks to Supra. Next time, this guy's beer is on me!!

Swtich, how do I increase the fan RPM?

Just makes sure supra drinks one bottle :p or you might be broke.
kidding man....congrats. I am sure she (the config :p) will last you for a long time to come.

Back