Finally upgraded my camera

ankz

Disciple
Hi all,
After a long time i finally took the plunge and got an SLR, picture says it all :

Attachments

• camera_stuff.jpg
    camera_stuff.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 214
Did you get a cam bag and extra battery free with cam? How long is the warranty?

Congrats on the purchase :D

edit : Looks like we both have the very same stuff :p

Hi Sunny,

Thanks, smart people think alike :).

The warranty is 2 years from Canon. Also i am supposed to get some goodies from Canon through their edge program and that includes a bag. Right now the camera is resting in an older Lowepro bag that i had lying around.

cheers.

Congrats man! Welcome to superb image quality! :)

65k seems a bit high though? 42k (body) + 12.5k (lens) + 5k (camera): 60k max...

Cheers!
Payne

ankz said:
Hi Sunny,

Thanks, smart people think alike :).
The warranty is 2 years from Canon. Also i am supposed to get some goodies from Canon through their edge program and that includes a bag. Right now the camera is resting in an older Lowepro bag that i had lying around.
cheers.
That EOS bag is useless. Cannot carry anything more than the cam+kit lens. with the 55-250, fitting it will be tough. The card is a difference tho, I have a 30MBps card :p and a Lexar 4GB card as well.
I have a Lowepro Compudaypack, its just about big enough for cam + 2 lenses. Can fit the cam with 55-250 in after rearranging the compartments.

-D.Payne- said:
Congrats man! Welcome to superb image quality! :)

65k seems a bit high though? 42k (body) + 12.5k (lens) + 5k (camera): 60k max...

Cheers!
Payne

Actually it was a little higher, 43k for the kit, 13k for the 250mm and 6k for the 50, plus filters and sd card.

I didnt really shop around, asked a professional photographer friend for a reliable dealer contact and bought it.

cheers.

Still havent been able to play much with cam, just using it to take pics at home of the kids. I plan to take it out in the near future and see what it is capable of :)

cheers.

congrats buddy .Even I'm also looking for my first DSLR camera .I will either go for NIkon D90 or Nikon D60 ,but I'm prefering to get them from grey ,as prices in India as insane .

I can take chance without warranty .

The new Canon T1i got announced, wait a bit and it will come into the market. A solid competitor to the D90.

cheers.

Back