Finding Open/Banned Ports by my ISP

Ok , as you know , you require a service to run on a server on a specified port and when you try to connect to that port via your isp , either it gets accessed or doesn't ..

in order to check what ports are opened and banned by your isp , one needs to run some service on all the ports on the server which has to be checked , since there are more than 65k ports , its impossible to manually run some service on every port and try to connect from your computer(isp) ..

i have my own server in usa which runs debian ,
i was looking for some application or something like that which can automatically check the ports by running services on all ports one by one and checking it from the home computer ..

So any help ??

Just run netstat -an to see the open listening ports.

Or refer this if you want a large range of ports

http://www.cplusplus.com/articles/o2N36Up4/

dude you did not get it , thanks for the reply though , i'm not asking for already running services , i want to check if the ports are banned by my isp ,
so i will have to run some service on that port and try to access it from my computer , doing one port at a time is tedious
for example you might run the squid proxy on port 1000 and try to access it from your isp computer to see if it accesses it ..
again you will have to do it for port 1001 and so on for all the 65k ports ..

i am not looking for port scanning on a server !! the server is already under my control and i can open any port whatever i want ..
i want to know which ports are blocked by my isp ! for that it requires to do similar things like above paragraph .

what i'm asking is any app to do this automatically ?

in a nutshell ..
run a progam on the server on a port
access that port from isp computer to see if the isp is blocking that port
run the program again on the server on a different port
access that port from isp computer to see if the isp is blocking that port

thats it ..

yes you understood it correctly !! the first link anwers the things partially (the blog is accesible on all ports i.e it has services running on all ports , so i will just have to try to access every port via my isp computer) the next link is i guess for range of ports to access , i'm gonna try these and post the results ..

Thanks !!

the only problem is that its only tcp based , what about udp ports ?? i need services to run on all udp ports to test it ..

ok , any guess , what the blogger is using as a software to listen on all ports ??

Again , you were very helpful !

Last edited by a moderator:
Back