FS: Home Audio Video Fire TV Stick (3rd Gen) with Alexa Voice Remote (includes TV and app controls) HD streaming device - Rooted

Status
Not open for further replies.

t3chg33k

Skilled
Expected Price (Rs)
Shipping from
Mumbai
Item Condition
5 out of 5
Payment Options
  1. Bank Transfer
Purchase Date
Jul 24, 2022
Shipping Charges
Excluded - at actuals
Have you provided two pics?
  1. Yes
Remaining Warranty Period
NA
Invoice Available?
No
Reason for Sale
Unused
Latest generation 1080p (Full HD) Fire TV Stick. When I purchased this last year from Amazon, the bootloader version was still vulnerable to rooting, so I did so.

With root, even if you use the Fire TV OS, you can use a custom launcher or you can sideload the Google TV Play Store. Apart, from that it has an Android TV custom ROM based on Lineage OS.

Officially it still has a month's warranty left, but I am not stating it since this is rooted.

Attachments

• Fire TV Front.jpg
    Fire TV Front.jpg
    667.2 KB · Views: 136
  • Fire TV Back.jpg
    Fire TV Back.jpg
    536.2 KB · Views: 133
Wanted to clarify that irrespective of what Amazon is selling this for, the USP here is that this can be rooted and supports custom ROMs with Android TV based on LineageOS 19.1 currently in development. Believe me when I say that later Android versions provide better app compatibility in the later years.

Amazon had patched the loophole last May and I was lucky to still get one with an older software version last July, which I ensured to unlock before any software update. Any Fire TV you purchase now cannot be rooted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back