Firefox 1.0.3 Beta available for testing

AlbertPacino

Skilled
Feb 6, 2005
Firefox 1.0.3 testing candidates
We're working on another Firefox 1.0 update and could use some help in testing these bits.
The first thing that we've fixed that we need your help testing is the Windows "Add or Remove Programs" bug that caused a doubling up of uninstall entries. This new build should behave correctly, in that if you install it on top of an older release, it will replace that older release's entry rather than add a new one.
The second area that we could use your help testing is manual installation of plugins. If you can find sites that offer plugins which we don't support with the Plugin Finder Service, then clicking on the puzzle piece or the "Install missing plugins" button in the information bar should result in a Plugin Finder Service dialog with a "Manual Installation" button which should take you to the web page for manual installation. If you can find cases where that doesn't work, please let me know.

Downloads:UPDATED April 04, 2005 Second candidate

We found a problem in the first round of candidates and this new round of builds corrects that problem. Any help testing these new builds is greatly appreciated.
Linux

Mac

Windows
Mozillazine.org

Barbiegirl

Disciple
Mar 15, 2005
@AP, hve u verified the links???

Object not found!

The requested URL was not found on this server. The link on the referring page seems to be wrong or outdated. Please inform the author of that page about the error.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.

Error 404

ftp.mozilla.org

Sun Apr 3 06:18:13 2005

Apache/2.0.49 (Linux/SuSE)

AlbertPacino

Skilled
Feb 6, 2005
*Offtopic:
In addition to what XT said,all links posted to stories/downloads/etc. on TE forums are checked by the TE staff including downloading the specific application/flash/etc. to ONLY scan it for viruses/spyware,If something wrong is found it will be removed and submitter will be notified.
Sometimes mods/admins are not online there for you have the option of reporting the thread which will be dealt with a.s.a.p

Barbiegirl

Disciple
Mar 15, 2005
So far, working G8.:hap2:

No problems with any extensions..:hap5:

Just installed over 1.0.2:cool2:

Wud like to hear comments from other ppl too, who've installed 1.0.3:ashamed:

@mods, a suggestion..How 'bout a separate place for all beta programs and testings.

~HeadShot~

Skilled
Mar 15, 2005
Well, I don't agree with ya, Barbie! :no: Having too many sections will spread all the threads thin! Moreover, the basic idea of having sections is to organize and categorise the threads, but if there are too many sections, the users will be confused as to find what in which section! :p

All beta programs and testings can be discussed in Applications and Open Source sections, isn't it?

Barbiegirl

Disciple
Mar 15, 2005
I'm unable to edit any of my posts with this beta of firefox.
The edit box opens, but u cannot add or delete anything from inside the box. It just sits there like inside the preview box.
Anybody else experiencing the same problem???
Just reply to this post and then try editing the post with FF1.0.3 beta installed.

AlbertPacino

Skilled
Feb 6, 2005
I've had a different problem then from yours,on a specific site it crashed like 3 times,but otherwise it was working fine,i am back to 1.0.2 for now,remember all beta's are unstable ,so yes you might encounter problems barbie.

Barbiegirl

Disciple
Mar 15, 2005
i just installed the updated beta (over the original FF 1.0.3 beta) from mozilla and now the edit function is working fine.

Another problem I found with the original beta was the "quick links" button not working. Clicking on it will just reload the same page again. That also is found solved with this new beta.

@ AP
, try the new beta and post whether ur problem still exists.

Here's the link

http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/2005-04-03-03-aviary1.0.1/firefox-1.0.3.en-US.win32.installer.exe

I think the first beta had so many problems. This one seems more stable. The bugs fixed in this updated build are:

Fixes: OS in []

1. #279167 [Core]-ASSERTION: HTML elements in an HTML document should have kNamespaceID_None in nsObjectFrame::CreateDefaultFrames [Win]
  2. #287359 [Core]-Adding dump() loops in the History sidebar code causes crash [@ nsXULMenuitemAccessible::GetRole] [Win]
  3. #288818 [Core]-Crash at visitting dean edwards weblog [All]
Patched but not completely fixed:

1. #264946 [Core]-en-dash and em-dash too narrow [Lin]
  2. #288137 [Core]-Update transliterate.properties to Unicode 4.x [Win]

Maybe MOds can also modify the initial link to point to this new beta build.

AlbertPacino

Skilled
Feb 6, 2005
Just an update to all members using Firefox,as some of you know Firefox is close to releasing a security update,Firefox 1.0.3, which is being called a "maintenance release" that will include security and stability fixes but no new features is now in its fifth release candidate (RC) version since Saturday,The biggest fix in 1.0.3 will be to eliminate the JavaScript bug disclosed last week that leaves Firefox and Mozilla suite vulnerable to attack,i have stopped updating you on this story in the last few dayz,i dont wanna confuse you,we will keep you updated as soon as the offcial relaes is out.

AlbertPacino

Skilled
Feb 6, 2005
More Firefox 1.0.3 Release Candidates

Saturday April 9th

Asa Dotzler has announced another set of Mozilla Firefox 1.0.3 release candidates. These builds should allow extensions and other features to operate as they did in Firefox 1.0.2 while still including the security improvements wanted by the Mozilla Foundation. Refer to Thursday's article for more information about Firefox 1.0.3.

mozillazine.org