Firefox 3.1 Beta Is Even Faster Than Firefox 3

vishwaswish

Disciple
The first Firefox 3.1 beta has been made available for DOWNLOAD, bringing with it a number of cool new features. However, possibly the coolest of those features, the lightning-fast TraceMonkey JavaScript engine, is disabled by default. Fortunately, it’s a quick fix to turn it on, and Seth Rosenblatt at CNET explains how

To activate it, type "about:config" into the Smart Bar, then type "javascript.options.jit.content" into the filter. Double-click on the preference listed to change the boolean setting from "false" to "true." Close the window and you should notice an immediate improvement to the JavaScript rendering speed.

google chrome is not based on firefox !!!!!!!!

And once chrome is fully out with support for extensions there will be a world migration from firefox to Chrome.

Lots of tests have been done and chrome either beats the other browsers in page load times or ties with firefox. It sureley opens faster than firefox. and uses significantly less memory :)

iGo said:
WHAAAATTTTT???

Last I checked it was based on WebKit (FYI, Safari is also based on WebKit). Unless you're smoking something that I'm not. :p

some of the components of firefox is shared with crome and vice versa

Read it in the plug and play of HT dated 14 october in which they had published the interview of John Lilly;)

Interview Here

i can vouch for the speed boost. used alpha (minefield) earlier with tracemonkey enabled.

on a side note , "webkit" in turn is based on KDE's KHTML technology so we know who really to thank and praise, oh dearest apple fangurls :p

Back