FireFox Crashes -- All bookmarks,Cookies lost

TheBroker

Skilled
Well had happened with me a few days ago but didnt mention it in the threads earlier
I was surfing the internet with firefox.....suddenly the lights went and poof all gone!!!

All the bookmarks and those in the bookmarks toolbar folder went away

Also i dont log out of TE and my cookies are saved.....those also went away ...

Also all options like keeping history at 0 days and a bigger cache got reset to default

The cookies part are ok...u login to the site and u can save the option later but the bookmarks.....ull surely need 2 make backups of them or mark them somewhere else.

Has anyone seen the same problem,post up here and beware of power cuts:with firefox on :p:p

That happens when u unknowingly or otherwise, change ur profile under firefox when the system thinks two firefox's were running at that time . So checkk if in the task manager process's - if two instnaces of firefox are still running. Most probably the bookmarks and that profile will be deleted though.

But anyhow ,try changing profile in firefox ,and see if u can recollect it . Most probably the bookmarks and that profile will be deleted though.

once in 2-3 weeks/ months jut save ur bookmarks...u can always import it again if any problem occurs.

Well since you asked others to post if they have similar prob .....
yes I dont have a UPS since 2.5 years now, i mean i have the UPS but it doenst have the battery. so everytime lights go off all the cookies and bookmarks are lost. not so the case with IE.
I use FF coz IE's tabbed browsing is very wierd and not as good as FF.

This happened to me once while using Opera.
So many important bookmarks lost.
Man, I know how cumbersome it is to remember all those bookmarks. Also, the feeling you get when u open your bookmarks to find nothing in there... :O

Now, what was lost is lost, but from then onwards, I backup my bookmarks from within Opera using that Import/Export function! I think its also present in FF too!

Thanks guys for all the replies but what was my basic intention of this thread was to tell ya all that ur bookmarks are not so safe just watch out in case of a crash...

Back