Firefox no longer a memory hog

FF3 beta 4 is doing very good. I haven't seen it eating much memory, javascript loading is faster, and definitely feels lot more snappier than FF2 or opera. Most popular add-ons are already ported, so makes life much easier :)

I've been trying FF3 since beta2 (now I'm on b4) and I don't see any of the performance (speed/memory) improvements compared to FF2. Maybe it's because I am on an old single-core P4 :) Even the memory is showing 65 mb (similar to FF2) with just one tab (this forum) open...

Dunno about the article, but I have been using it for some days now and I feel its slower than the previous versions.... lots of bugs too.... especially in forums... When posting messages the cursor stops blinking and just shows a continuos line.... so I can't know the cursor position and I am typing blind.....

The chart from the article in the link in first post in this thread...

browsermemorycomparisonxb8.png

OK now I officially hate the beta version....:mad:

I just restarted my machine and all my bookmarks are gone.....kaput...:(

100+ bookmarks gone.... now i have to add them again as I did not keep a backup...:mad: :mad:
my IE has only half of them....

Have been using the beta from some time now. It's pretty good. I had moved from firefox to opera but am moving back now. I especially love the new auto-complete bar. It is a brilliant feature. It auto-completes based on the website page title as well as the URL and also remembers your past visited sites ordered by visits.

For example, I visit 'google.com/translate_t' a lot. In Opera, it comes below all the other google pages 'google.com/search**'. In firefox, now I only type 'tran' and it auto completes. :hap2:

Just wondering why the safari graph for safari stopped in between. May b it crashed during the test.. :D

Installed beta 4 yesterday. Loved the looks.. Yet to explore the features...

Back