Firefox problem - not remembering passwords

M-Be

Disciple
hi everybody
i have big problem with firefox
every time that i close it he forget all the sits that i need to do log in
and that although i put v on ''remember my password'' someone know what i need to do ?
thanks

screenshotfirefoxpreferqf4.png

Check those settings for cookies or "always clear private data on closing FF" in your Firefox Preferences.

Is there a way to hardwire certain cookies so that they are not erased even when I clear the cache? For example, now I lose my yahoo (and a couple of other passwords) when I clear the cache and have to retype them. I don't want this to happen.

tvarad said:
Is there a way to hardwire certain cookies so that they are not erased even when I clear the cache? For example, now I lose my yahoo (and a couple of other passwords) when I clear the cache and have to retype them. I don't want this to happen.

You are clearing water from tank and want fishes to survive? :p

Go to Tools>Clear private DATA

uncheck which you don't want to clear, like cookies & passwords.

in any case you want to remove any cookie, then it can be removed via Tools>option>privacy>show cookies. type the same of site whos cookie you want to delete.

this way you can remove cookies of individual site without clearing of them.

Gaurish said:
Go to Tools>Clear private DATA
uncheck which you don't want to clear, like cookies & passwords.

These are the passwords firefox saves. Sites like Yahoo store their passwords in cookies and don't "allow" firefox to save them (Correct me if I'm wrong). If I clear the cookies, I lose these passwords.

in any case you want to remove any cookie, then it can be removed via Tools>option>privacy>show cookies. type the same of site whos cookie you want to delete.

this way you can remove cookies of individual site without clearing of them.

This is a laborious process if there are a lot of cookies; I'm looking for a permanent lock on some of them.

tvarad said:
These are the passwords firefox saves. Sites like Yahoo store their passwords in cookies and don't "allow" firefox to save them (Correct me if I'm wrong). If I clear the cookies, I lose these passwords.

This is a laborious process if there are a lot of cookies; I'm looking for a permanent lock on some of them.

sorry dunno then..

I don't usually delete cookies

I started experiencing the exact same problem a few days ago.
Tried the usual Firefox "clear private data" and CCleaner too.

A few google searches later, found a fix
This is what you do:
go to start menu> search
search and delete the "cookies.sqlite" file

Restart Firefox, do the usual entering password shabang, and voila, everything is fine and dandy again

(this is obviously in my case, if this doesn't work for you.. tough luck lol)

thank you to all of you the problem is gone i just remove the firefox and reinstall again and its o.k now thanks!

Back