Firefox problem

mustangman

Disciple
I am running Firefox 3.0.6 on XP and for a few month now been facing constant crashes. Its quite bad, some sites constantly crash FIrefox. It was ok earlier, but I think when I upgraded to 3, I had done something (activated somthing with code) to the Java engine of firefox, after reading some article. I think its this whats causing the problem. I have reinstalled both Java and Firefox, but no help.

Help please, as I have gotten used to Firefox, and the others dont seem as good.

ya me too fcing the same problem!!!!for me it crashes mostly while trying to log into orkut!!!!rest all is fine, but having it crash all the time is pretty annoying!!finally have shifted to Chrome and things have been smooth....

I dont have any new plugins from before. I feel those complex Java sites are the problem.

I would have shifted to another browser, but none have the customization of Firefox. I have gotten too used to the drop-down RSS feed, the ebay application, the search bar, the utube downloader. I would gladly change if any of the others offered the same.

Have you installed the latest version of Java ? Also try disabling plugins one by one and check whether the problem is sorted out. Maybe some plugin has not been updated, and it has an issue with the latest firefox build.

Back