Video Firestick 3rd gen cannot detect USB drive

frozenscotch

Disciple
Hi,
I have Firestick 2nd and OTG cable (https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B0891SV7WY/) to which I used to connect pen drive for watching movies locally.
Recently, acquired Firestick 3rd gen and connected in same setup. But , its not detecting pen drive.

Did anybody had success in accessing pendrive in 3rd gen Firestick

Stick's firmware is latest (7.x.x.)
On connecting, the small LED on pen drive glows for couple of times like its getting read and that's it
I tried with different power adapter having 5V/2A, no luck (Stick's adapter says 5V/1A)

thanks

EDIT -
I figured it out -
I was using old pendrive, it was working fine with 2nd gen firestick but not getting detected on 3rd gen firestick
So, just connected my other pendrive , sandisk ultra, which got detected. I don't know finer details about how it worked
Hope this info would be useful for someone else

Last edited:
its probably due to the file format.

firestick can only handle FAT32 and has limited supported for exFAT. Try reformatting your pendrive to either of these format, preferably fat32 and see if that works.

that old pen drive was working with FTV 2nd gen, anyways, i sorted out by changing the pen drive

EDIT -
I figured it out -
I was using old pendrive, it was working fine with 2nd gen firestick but not getting detected on 3rd gen firestick
So, just connected my other pendrive , sandisk ultra, which got detected. I don't know finer details about how it worked
Hope this info would be useful for someone else

Back