First Build - I3 Based rig

Blue Tiger

Disciple
Q: What is your budget?
35K (includes monitor, UPS and Speakers)

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
None

Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
Not Applicable

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
This is my first build and I want to stick to Intel this time.
CPU - Intel I3-530 / 540 Rs. 5250

Motherboard – Gigabyte GA-H55M-S2 Rs. 3650 (Not yet certain on this. I can’t find the HDMI option on this board and don’t know whether it is compatible with rest of the stuff.)

RAM: 2X 2 GB DDR31333MHz Rs. 2600 (Confused b/w Kingston & Transcend which one would be better, or would you suggest any other Brand like Corsair or G Skill)

Hard Drive: Seagate 500 TB Rs. 1750

Optical Drive Samsung 22X Sata DVDRW Rs. 1000/-

Cabnet: Cooler Master Elite 310 Rs. 1800

PSU: FPS Saga 400W Rs. 2000

UPS: APC 600VA Rs. 1950/-

Keyboard & Mouse Combo (Suggest any) Rs. 700/-

Monitor: Samsung BX2031 – Rs. 7600 or 2233SW or B2230 Rs. 8500 approx.
Confused between the above, pls suggest the better among the them. I am looking for Full HD LED in Samsung. But PX2331 is very expensive. What do u say abt BX2031.

Speakers: Considering one from the Creative Inspire line T6160 or T6100 or M5300. Rs. 3500 Very much confused. Pls suggest any of the above or some other 5.1 in the same price range.

And finally The GPU. I don’t know much about this thing. Does the IGP suffice the needs of casual gaming. Googled a few hours and finally listed ATI Radeon HD 4670 1GB GDDR3 – Rs. 3800. Not certain on And, if I purchase this GPU do I need to get better Cabby & PSU than the above. I don’t be any other cooling options. All suggestions regarding GPU are welcome.

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
Yes, this will be my Final Configuration

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
CTC, Hyderabad. (Can anyone suggest some good shops at CTC paradise)

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
No

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
Browsing
Watching HD Movies and Listening to Music.
Programming
Casual Gamer
Download rig, 24x7 operation

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
Yes, I prefer Intel. This is my first rig and I want it to be Intel. I know that TE guys are very much inclined to AMD, I expect good advice even for a Intel based rig as well. Does the Cabinet and PSU combination is good for the built. And please throw some light on GPU? I am very much confused abt it.

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
First of all, I am not serious gamer. But I don’t want to miss the possibilities of fun with kind of build my rig got.

Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
No idea

Q: Are you looking to overclock?
No

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
Windows 7 64 bit
Windows XP 32 bit

Two days, 16 views, yet no posts on my thread. Is my thread confusing or doesn't posses a seriousness of buying? Well no problem, I still have 15 days to go and doing a lot of research.

And coming to rig

How abt a Dell ST2220L @9k apprx?

Anybody using the abv monitor?

I think its good, LED,1920X1080P etc.

I am still confused abt MB. I am also considering DH55TC and GA-H55-UD3H. Googled and read tht Gigabyte mobos r good to go with Intel and also VFM.

And abt GPU HD 4670 is gng to fit my budget. Bt nt sure abt d manufacturer. How does Sapphire wud be?

Waiting 4 ur replies.

First look at this link :)

http://www.techenclave.com/pc-buying-advice/techenclave-indian-technology-community-pc-buying-178097.html

I would say at 35K go for an AMD based rig and this is what I'll recommend --->

AMD Athlon IIx4 640 ~ 4.7K

MSI 880GMA E41 ~ 4.1K

Corsair ValueRAM 1333 MHz 2x 2GB ~ 2.5K

Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 500GB ~ 1.7K

Sapphire HD 5670 OR HIS IceQ HD 5670 < 512 MB V-RAM > ~ 5K

Dell ST 2200L OR BenQ G 2200HD ~ 9K/ 7K < both are good 21.5" monitors >

Logitech OR Microsoft Standard wired desktop Keyboard Mouse ~ 500/-

FSP Saga II 400 W OR SeaSonic S12II 430W ~ 2K/ 2.5K < the PSU will only be available at Arun Computers and Bhumika Peripherals as far as I know >

LG/ Samsung OEM DVD drives ~ 1K

NZXT Gamma OR Cooler Master Elite 310 OR Zebronics Bijli ~ 2.1K/ 1.5K/ 1.5K

Altec Lansing BXR 1221 ~ 1K < 2.1, tiny but good speakers >

APC RS650VA OR Numeric 600VA ~ 2.5K/ 1.5K

If you are adamant about Intel

Go for the Intel Core i3 540 ~ 4.5K AND Gigabyte GA-H55-UD3H ~ 5K rest rig same to same :), hope this helps.

Bench - CPU - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News ~ the Athlon IIx4 645 vs. Intel Core i3 540 < the multi-thread tasks go straight to AMD \m/ >

For good shops at CTC go for ~ Shweta Peripherals

Arun Computers < as almost all brand PSU's, so get PSU here shop is next to CD World >

Bhumika Peripherals < In the basement >

Computer Bazaar < okay shop but has variety for most peripherals >

@ Alpha. Thank U very much. I was waiting for someone who can atleast resolve one of my many confusions. But you posted a very comprehensive reply regarding the components for the build and also name of the shops along with address with 2 to 3 options in one go. Thanx a lot for u patience.

However I have the following queries.

1. You suggested a APC 650 VA UPS which has a power output of 390W. But I settled for a APC 600VA which has power output of 350W, given the build of my rig. (Something I deduced after ereading the PSU UPS compatibility thread)

2. I think the HD 5670 is way out of my budget for 5k. However I could not find the same price anywhere. The last update I saw was on Price update thread of Hyderabad @5.9k from computer Bazaar. In the universal spec and price thread it is quoted as Rs. 4.3 k for 512MB, bt I think it is typo error(may be 5.3k0.

And everything else just awesome. I just want to stick to Intel for this time.

Intel Core i3 540 Rs. 4900
Gigabyte GA-H55-UD3H* Rs. 4500
GPU HIS IceQ Turbo HD 4670 512 VRAM ** RS. 3800
RAM Corsair Value Ram 2*2GB 1333 MHz Rs. 2500
HDD Seagate 500GB 7200.12 HDD Rs. 1800
ODD Samsung/LG DVD RW 22X SATA Rs. 1000
Cabinet Cooler Master Elite 310 w/o SMPS Rs. 1500
PSU FSP SAGA II 400W Rs. 2000
Monitor Dell ST2220L Wide 21.5 Full HD 1920*1080 Rs. 9000
KB+Mouse Logitech / Microsoft Standard PS2 Combo Rs. 700
Speakers Altec Lasing VS2621 2.1 Speakers Rs. 1700
UPS APC 600VA Rs. 1900

TOTAL Rs. 35400

The config I think is ideal in my budget though it exceeds by Rs. 400. But yet I don’t know the exact prices.

* I am also considering the Intel DH55TC and GA-H55M-UD2H (mATX mobos) incase the abv Gigabyte one turns out be expensive.

** I think the HIS one would have a little egde over the Sapphire one due to its ICEQ tech and also one year more warranty.

And also the monitor is also a place where I think can reduce a bit.
Are the Samsung LED series (both 31 & 50) available in India. I am considering the models BX2231 & BX 2250 though they are not listed on Samsung India website. I heard BX2250 is available in Mumbai. If anybody has any idea could you post the price please.

All the comments on the components and prices of above build are welcome. Thanx in advance.

^^

Still try to get the HIS HD 5670 IceQ version they have a +1 year warranty cover compared to Sapphire < the performance boost this will give you is worth it and you can run the same graphics card later also >

Yeah I think for your usage the GA-H55M-UD2H is also well suited ~ 4000 < Shweta should have almost all Gigabyte boards >GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1156 - GA-H55M-UD2H (rev. 1.3)

As far as UPS if there is a 600VA version available go for it as it is better than local Indian brands. < Microtek, FronTech et al >

The BenQ monitor and Dell monitor have all the same specifications< no HDMI, full HD screen, 21.5" screen space >, so I suggest you should get the BenQ piece and shave off ~ 2K from that price and redeploy that money for your graphic card.

I doubt you'll get PS2 based Keyboard and mouse kits either way I recommend the purchase of a USB based kit ~ 550/- bucks

From the styling of the monitor itself I'm saying the Samsung LED piece will cost a bomb and therefore is not exactly a cup of VFM, rest your RIG is fine. Have a good buy and happy GAMING \m/ \m/. :)

Powerful performance, Superior style - BX2250 - LED Monitor - Monitor | SAMSUNG

Hi Everybody
Its been a long time and got some quotes from CTC. Most the price were almost the same as I thought. The prices are
Intel Core i3 540 Rs. 5200
RAM Corsair Value Ram 2*2GB 1333 MHz 2*1150 Rs. 2300
HDD Seagate 500GB 7200.12 HDD Rs. 1700
ODD Samsung/LG DVD RW 22X SATA Rs. 850
Cabinet Cooler Master Elite 310 w/o SMPS Rs. 1650
(I think overpriced by Rs. 150-Do I have any other slightly cheaper alternative)
KB+Mouse Microsoft Standard PS2 Combo Rs. 650
Speakers Altec Lasing VS2621 2.1 Speakers Rs. 1650
UPS APC 600VA Rs. 1900

All the prices are from Shweta . At Arun they are overpriced by 50-70 each.

I was unable find the mobo GA-H55M-UD2H. What I found on both the stores are
Intel DH55TC RS. 4450 (Seen mixed reviews. I won’t overclock , would it be enough)
GA-H55M-S2 Rs. 3450 (May be only cheap, got nothing else)
No other Gigabyte mobos.
So which one is better.

Secondly the PSU Shweta has got CM and Antec. I was unable enquire as they a bit busy. NO FSP.
Found Gigabyte Superb 460W at Arun @ Rs. 2250.
How would that be?? I read that it is a FSP 400W OEM rebaged as 460W at max load for few min before it fries up. I think the CM series is a No. Never read something favorable abt them, except they are a bit silent.
What would be the price of Antec 380W. I think these are ones at Shweta. Would that be enough. found the below survey useful.
Product survey: 7 power supplies for less than 45 Euros - BeHardware:S
And the GPU, Shweta has got HD 5670 @ 5700, HD 4670 @ 3600 both XFX and 512MB. Aren’t they over priced. The Saphhire one at Arun HD 5670 512MB is 5800. How would be a XFX 4670 – I think it’s a DDR2.
Graphic Cards - ATI Radeon HD 4000 - ATI Radeon
I think these are very priced at CTC.

Finally the Monitor I couldn’t find the Dell ST2220L. Bt at Arun I found Dell E2211H @ 8700. LED Similar Specs No HDMI, bt got DVI cable in box.

Unfortunately I could not find Bhumika and I was in a hurry.

I was a bit disappointed with the unavailability(esp mobo), but anyways I am all set to take the PC this Saturday. So I need your advices to conclude the config.(Mobo GPU PSU and Monitor).

Antec has very less presence in India. Get the Gigabyte one. It is 2nd best to Antec according to the review and the pricing is also decent.
This is the first Gigabyte/FSP shootout review that i came across. Really surprised that Giga has higher efficiency than FSP despite FSP being the OEM. Guess they are different units.

Also if you want a HD5670 then PM TheITWares(reg. dealer in TE). You can get a Sapphire HD5670 512MB GDDR5 for 4.5k shipped :) (This is in case you are willing to buy online and save some cash:p)

http://www.techenclave.com/dealers-paradise/sapphire-graphic-cards-best-prices-183294.html

@neojjk- His first post says he will not OC. Go through the OPs post first.

Hades. said:
@DA

U forgot to mention that sapphire cards carry 2yrs warranty:p
The dealer has mentioned that in his thread :bleh: Anyways OP is getting the same card for 5.8k in his place!!! Two years hassle free warranty from Aditya (for sapphire) is better than 3 yrs hassle filled warranty service from Rashi for XFX.

HD5670 being a low end card that doesnt even need a extra PCI-E connector i dont think it has a high faliure rate too.

Also yantra online has posted this update in the other forum :)

attachment.php

Attachments

• aditya.jpg
    aditya.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 226
The dealer has mentioned 2years parts + 1year labour = 3yrs... After reading this op may think that the card he is going to buy will carry 3yrs warranty(Replacement Warranty)... The way rahul has written warranty terms newbies may get confused... :D

Hades. said:
The dealer has mentioned 2years parts + 1year labour = 3yrs... After reading this op may think that the card he is going to buy will carry 3yrs warranty(Replacement Warranty)... The way rahul has written warranty terms newbies may get confused... :D
3 Years All India Warranty
(2 Yrs on Parts and Labor + 1 Year Labor)

How do you propose to write it then. It clear states out of the 3 yrs first two yrs carries parts+labor warranty and the 3 rd yr carries labor warranty only.

Anyways chk my previous post. Seems like Aditya is gonna offer 3 yrs parts+ labor standard warranty as confirmed by Yantra Online. If thats the case then the cards will sell like hot cakes due to great RMA service and good pricing.

I'll grab a hd6950 asap if this is true... :p... But i wud wait for some replies to confirm this...

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

@DA

If they really provide 3yrs warranty then y the fu** they dint replace the guy's (who brought this warranty thing up) 2.2 yrs old card? If this thing happened wid that guy then this thing can happen wid any guy... These bastards only wake up when they start facing loss... :x

The thread elongated very much even without my presence, any how seeing the hike on the deltapage(proccy&ram) I purchased my oc o Monaday itself.
The buld is as is in the Siggy. The remaining things same as mentioned in my last post. I had to go with DH55TC due to inavailabilty of Gigabyte ones. As I don't overclock, I think I can stick to it.

Secondly the no other Manufacture was available in the GPU. So went with XFX one.

PSU-CX430, I think it is not as good as CX 400, again the availability factor.

Thanks to all the builders of Sticky threads in various categories of forums they are really helpful

@Alpha17 - Spl Thnx.

Blue Tiger said:
The thread elongated very much even without my presence, any how seeing the hike on the deltapage(proccy&ram) I purchased my oc o Monaday itself.

The buld is as is in the Siggy. The remaining things same as mentioned in my last post. I had to go with DH55TC due to inavailabilty of Gigabyte ones. As I don't overclock, I think I can stick to it.

Secondly the no other Manufacture was available in the GPU. So went with XFX one.

PSU-CX430, I think it is not as good as CX 400, again the availability factor.

Thanks to all the builders of Sticky threads in various categories of forums they are really helpful

@Alpha17 - Spl Thnx.
Decent buy :)

Individual pricing if possible?

@ DA
Intel Core i3 540- 5200
Intel DH55TC- 4000
GPU XFX HD 4670 1GB DDR3 - 3600
RAM Corsair Value Ram 2*2GB 1333 MHz 2*1150=2300
HDD Seagate 500GB 7200.12 HDD - 1700
ODD Sony DVD RW 22X SATA - 900
Cabinet Cooler Master Elite 310 w/o SMPS - 1650
PSU Corsair - CX 430w - 2600
Monitor Dell E2211H Wide 21.5 1920*1080 - 8700
KB+Mouse Logitech Standard USB Combo - 650
Speakers Altec Lasing VS2621 2.1 Speakers - 1650
UPS APC 600VA - 1900

Apart from the above
Monitor Samsung B2230N 21.5 1920*1080 - 8150@ Arun Comp, 8200@Shweta

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

I connected the DVI port to the motherboard DViI port. I have a noobish doubt regarding this.

So do I need to connect to the DVI port of the graphic Card to enable it while gaming. My thought in connecting it to the motherboard beacuse the GPU stays idle while I browse or use Office apps and it will be auto enabled while gaming when the requirements go way beyond the capabilities of Intel HD Graphics. Are there any Bios settings to be made or do I need to connect to the Graphic card DVI port all the time.

Nope you have to connect it to the GPU's port.There is no automatic switching like Optimus for Desktops yet. The card you have got is already very low power consuming so no worries :)

Nice pricing and a good rig.

Solved: First Build - I3 Based rig

@ DA thnx.

My only concern is the i3 IGP is awesome for 1920x1080p desktop resolution and also HD viewing. I only need the support of GPU for games. Anyway I will connect the DVI port to GPU.:)

Back