Monitors First Day With DELL Ultrasharp 2408WFP 24" LCD Monitor

Maksa

Disciple
i am sure you are here to see some nice review with picture :bleh:

But it is worst day.... After waiting for long time today i received my LCD.

And great news nothing is working:rofl: . I connected it with my laptop. but i am not able to see anything on new monitor. everything black. I selected input source button as VGA. but nothing on screen :(

I have reinstalled my graphic drivers too. then i tried with other laptop and desktop but same problem. i am not able to see anything.

i decided to do call lock. after waiting for almost 20 to 30 mins i got connected with dell representative. but after talking for 2 mins he cut my line then tried again but no response and day ends... now i am really mad. Now 2mrrow again at 9 i will ask for more help.

I feel really sad :(

I am sure you have but just recheck if you have enabled the 2nd display in the graphic card options...

Edit...you already tried with desktop and single monitor usage I guess... Umm try clicking the source buttons on the monitor.

vij said:
I am sure you have but just recheck if you have enabled the 2nd display in the graphic card options...

Edit...you already tried with desktop and single monitor usage I guess... Umm try clicking the source buttons on the monitor.

yes i did that but don't know why nothing gonna happen. for 1 second i saw my stuff on big screen then everything gone... i have also checked cables etc... everything looks ok

Connect it to desktop... Use it as the only display... Set the monitor to DVI if you are using DVI...Set all options right..Now restart...

Have noticed that sometimes you need to restart once u change the source n stuff...

vij said:
Connect it to desktop... Use it as the only display... Set the monitor to DVI if you are using DVI...Set all options right..Now restart...
Have noticed that sometimes you need to restart once u change the source n stuff...

i tried once again. i don't have DVI so using with VGA only.

when i restarted my desktop i can see my mother board name on new monitor then again black.... nothing coming :huh: really confusing. on my laptop when i go to
"Windows Mobility Center" it shows external display connected .

Switch said:
Get a different cable... Or try some other source like a DVD player or something as yours is a 2408 :)
not having dvd here in office lolz. but i as soon as i come to office tomorrow i will ask for help from DELL. i have tried all setting nothing helping me out.

i have question what is the difference between green and orange light in power button?

don't know if it will help..but before connecting the 24" to ur laptop..increase the resolution. max ur laptop screen can support.
This worked with my friend's LCD.

Red light means monitor is in power save mode ( no signal received ) .

Green means it is on and receiving signal . try changing VGA cable .

geek ashish said:
don't know if it will help..but before connecting the 24" to ur laptop..increase the resolution. max ur laptop screen can support.
This worked with my friend's LCD.
tried it. but not working.

Shakensoul said:
Disconnect the VGA cable from the desktop and laptop and check if you get any display, like a floating diaglog box with different color boxes.

Link to 2408WFP user guide

Dell 2408WFP Flat Panel Monitor User's Guide

i did that but no floating dialog box. what does that mean? do i need to replace my monitor?

rapt0r said:
Red light means monitor is in power save mode ( no signal received ) .
Green means it is on and receiving signal . try changing VGA cable .
thanks for info. most of time it is having green light.
don't have any other VGA cable with me now.

Maksa said:
i did that but no floating dialog box. what does that mean? do i need to replace my monitor?

If u're not getting any images or messages (like no signal etc.) when the vga cable is disconnected, the LCD might be faulty.

only thing i can think of right now is the refresh rate (After looking at all the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this thread lol).. you can try attaching a different display which works and set the refresh rate to somewhere near 65hz to 85hz.. then swap the dell display and check if its the same issue..

rockfella said:
I have noticed so many people got dead on arrival 24" from Dell. Dont worry, just call them...

backtoexistence said:
only thing i can think of right now is the refresh rate (After looking at all the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this thread lol).. you can try attaching a different display which works and set the refresh rate to somewhere near 65hz to 85hz.. then swap the dell display and check if its the same issue..
i don;t have other good monitor to try. but had tried with CRT and it was working fine.

Back