Monitors First Day With DELL Ultrasharp 2408WFP 24" LCD Monitor

Self-Test Feature Check (STFC)
Your monitor provides a self-test feature that allows you to check whether your monitor is functioning properly. If your monitor and computer are properly connected but the monitor screen remains dark, run the monitor self-test by performing the following steps:

Turn off both your computer and the monitor.

Unplug the video cable from the back of the computer. To ensure proper Self-Test operation, remove both Digital (white connector) and the Analog (blue connector) cables from the back of computer.

Turn on the monitor.
The floating dialog box should appear on-screen (against a black background) if the monitor cannot sense a video signal and is working correctly. While in self-test mode, the power LED remains green. Also, depending upon the selected input, one of the dialogs shown below will continuously scroll through the screen.

Documentation

However since you mentioned that
when i restarted my desktop i can see my mother board name on new monitor then again black
it is unlikely that the LCD is faulty because you did get a display on the monitor, most probably you need to recheck all the connections and make sure you're setting up the monitor correctly.

^ Thats not the case shaken, prolly the "supply unit" in the LCD is dead. It happens, LCD lits, we see displa but goes off as it cant get continious power.
Forget the LCD Maksa, call them (From a free phone if possible) and CASCADE your EMOTIONAL OUTBURST! Dont think about it now, go to sleep lol!

ronnie_gogs said:

people to wait for very long times on the phone, repeatedly transferring their calls and frequently disconnecting their calls.

very true. I have experienced like this so many time. even today too :(

Shakensoul said:
However since you mentioned that

it is unlikely that the LCD is faulty because you did get a display on the monitor, most probably you need to recheck all the connections and make sure you're setting up the monitor correctly.

yeh that's right but when i remove cables i don't get any dialog box too. so i am not sure what to do. will speak to dell people 2morrow.

rockfella said:
^ Thats not the case shaken, prolly the "supply unit" in the LCD is dead. It happens, LCD lits, we see displa but goes off as it cant get continious power.
Forget the LCD Maksa, call them (From a free phone if possible) and CASCADE your EMOTIONAL OUTBURST! Dont think about it now, go to sleep lol!
yeh will do that. time for some sleep. thanks buddy :)

wow :) today morning at 11 i got my replacement :)

I locked call yesterday 5 PM. got new one with in 24 hours. excellent service.

new LCD works fine... it's beautiful :)

does any one know what setting i should keep for batter performance ?

A replacement in 24 hours, impossible :S

Do you have a Dell warehouse in your neighbourhood :bleh:

On a serious note, I'm really surprised that it was so quick, doesn't dell ship replacement from the factory ? :huh:

Good to see you got a fast replacement. Looks like companies are getting their RMA policies fixed up nicely now.

vishalrao said:
well congrats, good to see more n more people getting into the "24 club" :eek:hyeah:

yeh we should have one club. i just fall in love with 2408WFP really beautiful. enjoying photoshop work on this.

Shakensoul said:
A replacement in 24 hours, impossible :S

Do you have a Dell warehouse in your neighbourhood :bleh:

On a serious note, I'm really surprised that it was so quick, doesn't dell ship replacement from the factory ? :huh:

it's possible lolz. it took only 18 hours to get replacement not even 24 hours ;)

I am in Rajkot and i got my replacment from Ahmedabad Warehouse. 4 hours by road :) after locking the call i got call from Dell Logistic department with in 10 mins they said we are despacthing your monitor with in 1 hour and you will get it by morning :)

isn't it amazing? even i was also shocked when i got call from courier people. Dell tech support people told me that i will get by monday.

Switch said:
Buddy do post some pics now :D

And congrats...

sure mate i will do that with in 1 or 2 days:)

maybe the quick replacement is another sign (even tho this is just one instance) that dell is now stocking more 24s inside india beforehand rather than shipping from outside due to higher sales, so the "full hd club" must be really growing now and is no longer as exclusive :)

Back