First ever Hackathon by the Government of India on #12th Five Year Plan

Source: http://www.data.gov.in/ , forwarding an email received by me.

First ever Hackathon by the Government of India on #12th Five Year Plan
Hack the Plan

We are delighted to announce the first ever Hackathon organised by the Planning Commission and the National Innovation Council on 6th and 7th April 2013 on the 12th Five Year Plan! If you are a creative designer, coder, film-maker or a policy and development enthusiast, come hack the 12th Plan over a 2-day period: create exciting visualizations of the future, tell the next big story in a myriad ways and build apps to fuel the change.

The event will be held simultaneously at 11 locations around India as well as through online participation, and prizes will be awarded to the best submissions in each category. Registration has started already! For more details, visit www.data.gov.in and connect with us on Facebook at facebook.com/PlanComIndia . Also, if you are a budding journalist or active on social media and want to blog, live-tweet or otherwise cover the Hackathon, check out the 'UnCover the event' competition on our website.

You can follow our Twitter feeds @PlanComIndia and @pitrodasam.
We hope all of you will enjoy the challenge, and welcome your support and participation. Request you to share this message within your network as well.

--
Regards,
The 12th Plan Hackathon Team

what the heck is it? looks like data mining to me. wonder what common database the people are using. could it be aadhar?

It about hacking the plan, giving suggestions and getting involved.

Btw, this won the prize in Visualisation category in Bangalore.

ZmH7P3R.jpg

i have no idea what it means. its like a powerpoint presentation by someone who just passed out and knows nothing. to me its just a jumbled bunch of statistics which mean nothing. just fake assumptions. will they even come close to achieving even 10% of what has been assumed here will have to be seen. To think such a thing won a prize!!
They should be alloting more money towards research than spending on some other countries tech.

Back