Laptops First quad-core laptop hits U.S.!

prash

Disciple
First quad-core laptop hits U.S.!

Xtreme Notebooks has released the first quad-core laptop in the U.S. With no mobile quad-core parts in existence, the Xtreme 917V Accelerator turns to desktop CPUs, giving you a choice between the Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 and the Q6700. Pricing starts at $3,359. Other niceties on this gaming laptop/mobile workstation include: a glossy widescreen 17-inch display (up to 1920x1200 resolution), one or two Nvidia GeForce Go 87000M GT or 7950 GTX graphics cards, and up to three hard drives in RAID 0, 1 or 5 configurations. It ships with 4.1 speakers (yes, this beast has a subwoofer), a Webcam, and a hefty 12-cell battery, while giving you the option to add a Blu-ray drive, a TV tuner, and 11n Wi-Fi. You can outfit it with XP or Vista or opt out of a preloaded OS entirely. Xtreme Notebooks quotes a system weight of 12.5 pounds.

Now a quad core laptop:D
Source: First quad-core laptop hits U.S. | Tech news blog - CNET News.com
:)

And here you can see all the customizable laptops of the quad laptops available from Xtreme laptops
Custom Gaming Laptops Motion Computing LE1700 Tablet PCs Best Gaming Notebooks PCTV Vista Laptops No OS Laptops Cheap Laptops Discount Laptops Colored 19" Laptops Ultra Mobile PC UMPC at Xtreme Notebooks

I wish i had one of them:p

Its a desktop replacement, not meant to be lugged around. Anyways i dont think this is the first quad core laptop in the us, i remember seeing one a few months back tho i dont remember the company. They were using Xeon quads for that

Back