First Time Tablet Buyer!!! HELP!

sonygoup

Recruit
Ok guys im looking for an android tablet that does it ALL FLASH 3G WEBCAM THE works BUT it has to be under $200 USD so if u can help me post below please

Thanks

sonygoup said:
Ok guys im looking for an android tablet that does it ALL FLASH 3G WEBCAM THE works BUT it has to be under $200 USD so if u can help me post below please

Thanks
Its important that you decide what you want to do with the tablet? Is it just for casual browsing and reading odd documents, then yes, any low end tablet - mind you we are not talking about iPads or Tabs here. But if you considering some longetivity, like versatality to use different apps, music sync, wireless airplay and all that stuff, then just go and pick up iPad 2. You wont't be disappointed - you will find that you will use an iPad more than you laptop. Yes, price is above your budget, but look at it from a long time usage perspctive, do you want a simple tablet, only to need a new one next year?

Yous should completely dump the iPad 2 consideration & buy an Android Honeycomb Tablet. Choose Acer Iconia Tab A500 or Asus Eee Pad Transformer. Motorola Xoom or Sammy Galaxy Tab 10.1 are gonna be lot costlier while the two I mentioned earlier are total VFM & will not compromise on performance in any fractional way whatsoever. I am also buying a Tab next month & after 3 weeks of deep research inclining towards Asus Transformer.

Why NOT iPad 2?

1) Lower RAM (512mb)

2) Lower flexibility in terms of features (Lack of USB port, external memory, HDMI out)

3) Higher recurring cost (accessories are costlier, apps are costlier)

4) Lower customization (iOS is a lot strict about giving the owner the freedom to explore the device while Android is a far better in that respect)

5) One of the Apple's USP with iPhone was Retina Display which is not there in iPad 2

(Note: iPad 2 is a performer, has the best Touch Screen & iOS is rock solid OS without a doubt but it's not worth the money with missing features which should be there for that price)

I have an iPad 1 and will def recommend iPad to any other tablet r8 now

Its faster, lasts longer, has better graphics and loads of applications

If you can, go for the iPad 1 3G/ iPad 2 3G used ones.

@OP Same boat as you are in. Looking for a tab to gift to my Dad. Have been trolling the mp4nation.net forums, and have shortlisted the Corepad7 and Renesas A9 7" tablets. Under $200. And very decent specs. But the release of theReliance 3G tab has to be taken into consideration now.

i have a pristine samsung galaxy tab "sprint" ...giving away at 17K ,

it is just wonderful , 7incher but screen is awesome ..i am packing a 16gig card

so u get 32GB wifi tab , keep tiny 3G modem for 3g services

Back