[Fixed] IRCTC forcing users to use the AI booking system 'Ask Disha' ... and it sucks.

PoBoy

Skilled
The IRCTC site now only allows bookings made using the AI booking system Ask Disha.

I tried to book a ticket thrice and each time it got to the payment successful stage and then said booking failed 'Invalid Quota Requested'. I presume it's because I booked the ticket under the senior citizen quota.
I've booked tickets for several years without any problem (using the original system).

Also :
- many options like sort trains by departure time are missing.
- Ask Disha uses only about one fifth of the browser window, so all info is cramped - while 80% of the screen is not being used.
- many times it just isn't working.
- the IRCTC site itself is 'gone'. Many features like view tickets booked etc. just do not work.

If any of you have been successful using Ask Disha 2.0, share tips.

The site seems to be working fine for me as of now. Ask Disha is there, but I can close it and continue booking the old way. Can you post a screenshot of how the site is appearing to you?

The IRCTC site now only allows bookings made using the AI booking system Ask Disha.

I tried to book a ticket thrice and each time it got to the payment successful stage and then said booking failed 'Invalid Quota Requested'. I presume it's because I booked the ticket under the senior citizen quota.
I've booked tickets for several years without any problem (using the original system).

Also :
- many options like sort trains by departure time are missing.
- Ask Disha uses only about one fifth of the browser window, so all info is cramped - while 80% of the screen is not being used.
- many times it just isn't working.
- the IRCTC site itself is 'gone'. Many features like view tickets booked etc. just do not work.

If any of you have been successful using Ask Disha 2.0, share tips.
Recently booked 4 tickets under quotas and general section albeit with my choice if birth options and didn't face any issues.
The Ask Disha thing is very common across sites these days which even pops up but can be safely ignored.

The site seems to be working fine for me as of now. Ask Disha is there, but I can close it and continue booking the old way. Can you post a screenshot of how the site is appearing to you?
see screenshot. if i click on Search the window flashes and that's it. Ask Disha 'works' but I cannot book tickets, at least under senior citizen quota.
Capture_2023-01-15_002319.jpg

---
nRiTeCh,

i last booked a ticket on 5th Jan using the orig booking system.

ask disha also does not access/use the Aadhaar verified list of names (that you have previously created).

Nothing wrong with the site at my end. Booked 3 tickets a couple of days ago. I was actually amazed at how smooth and fast the site has now become.

MaSh

OK. Solved.

It was the ad-blocker (I use uBlock Origin). Once disabled, I was able to use the original booking system.

But I was stunned by the number of ads.
---
I'm not 100% sure of this but disable the ad-blocker , get to the home page, click Search (after adding details) to get to the original booking system.
Then you can enable the ad-blocker. It works OK after that. I haven't had the time to actually book a ticket using this hack.
The ads at the IRCTC site are tooooo many.

Last edited:
Seems IRCTC unnecessarily making booking process more and more difficult. Tried booking the old way but was forced to book using Ask Disha option.

Also why ask Disha ?

Seems IRCTC itself is dishaheen

Also why ask Disha ?

Seems IRCTC itself is dishaheen

Some big person, higher up in the pecking order sees and hears about other similar AI tools and dreams about India having her own AI chat bot. But since everything in govt is given through lowest bidder, you get such end results. Idea is great but implementation is bad and everyone is unhappy and such ideas get shelved or stopped completely.

Some big person, higher up in the pecking order sees and hears about other similar AI tools and dreams about India having her own AI chat bot. But since everything in govt is given through lowest bidder, you get such end results. Idea is great but implementation is bad and everyone is unhappy and such ideas get shelved or stopped completely.

Actually the more likely scenario is some Ministers son/daughter/nephew/niece/whatever owns a software company and wanted a government contract. For what? Doesnt matter. Might as well make this.

Reviving old thread -
Today, I am trying to book train ticket on irctc and its PITA. Tried FF, Edge and Chrome on lappy and chrome on mobile. The site stops at random places of ticket booking flow like below -

View attachment 134620
Then, I just clicked on Disha icon out of frustration and ooh man, I never expected this. Disha is basically SIRI of IRCTC ;)

View attachment 134619

That scrollbar shows whole conversation. I took it to top after completing the transaction

It was seamless experience and successfully booked the ticket. Just check this feature when ever you guys are free.

Thumbup to IRCTC for this feature
Ja Yes GIF by HOFER Österreich

Back