Flash Drive dead.. or so it seems

renegade

Staff member
Super Mod
I have a transcend jetflash drive cum mp3 player cum voice recoder.
All of a sudden it has stopped responding. (I copied some files and after 30 minutes when i rechecked it wasnt working)

It gets detected, when I put it in, as removable storage. However when I try to access it, it gives an error message.... I/O error. I cant even format it.

Now what could the prob be.. I dont remember the warranty period duration but if it is still in warranty how to go about it.

This is from transcend site

When plugging JetFlash-MP3 to PC, it shows I/O device error. Could I solve this problem?

***This problem happened when some error occurred during operation, such as removing JetFlash-MP3 while files were still transferring which would bring errors to the system of JetFlash-MP3.You can solve it by using Firmware Update program to recover JetFlah-MP3 to its default setting. Firmware Update program can be found on the driver disc or Transcend website. When planning to implement firmware update, please remember to remove the battery and check Format Data Area. For detail information, please refer to the P.17 of User`s Manual about Recover Your JetFlash.To avoid this problem, please make sure the transfer is completed before removing JetFlash-MP3. Then, follow the correct procedure to remove JetFlash-MP3

Firmware Update Program: http://www.transcendusa.com/Support/DLCenter/Driver/Transcend_JetFlash_MP3.exe

THanks a lot... Ill try this solution when I get time and resources.. I get 128KBps download speed here but I cant connect any external drive.

Back