Flip phone needed

sriharsha

Disciple
Dear friends and gurus,

I ve been asked for a flip phone... can you guys please help me?

Questions:-
1. Q: Budget?
A: <5 k

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Flip

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: TFT

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Nokia will be first preference... but open to other options either.

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: keypad

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: back cam... 2 MP will be fine :)

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Symbian

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 2G

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Songs and internet

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A: simple the better :)

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: Nokia 7020

thank you TE

Flip phone & Symbian? :scared14: If I'm not wrong, Nokia 7020 is S40. Right? Perhaps you could look at the Samsung C3520, Motorola Gleam EX212. The sexiest flip phone of all time is definitely the Moto RAZR v3/v3i(for me at least).
You could get one from ebay - New Motorola RAZR V3 Black Unlocked Cellular Phone 0826179095506 | eBay & New in Box Blcak Motorola RAZR V3i Unlocked U s Seller 822248023241 | eBay
Razr v3 should cost around 3.4k & v3i around 4.7k [both from ebay (via ishop)] :)

Bro thank you,,, one catch is, it has only 512 MB memory :(. I cant store many songs. can you suggest something else? samsung is great though.... is it available in India?

and gleam is really awesome... is it available in India?

Best flip phones I can think of are the Sony Ericsson W980i and the Nokia N76.

You should be easily able to get them from ebay.com via any sns service.

Yes.. both the other devices are available in india officially.. i am still biased towards the RAZR though.. i think there's a 100 songs limitation when syncing through itunes.. v3i supports a max of 2gb microsd cards.. its just that when moto announced the phone, 512mb was the memory it could test the phone with..
Gleam is also a pretty good looking phone.. no restrictions on memory card capacity either, so u can have a look at that too..

Yes.. both the other devices are available in india officially.. i am still biased towards the RAZR though.. i think there's a 100 songs limitation when syncing through itunes.. v3i supports a max of 2gb microsd cards.. its just that when moto announced the phone, 512mb was the memory it could test the phone with..
Gleam is also a pretty good looking phone.. no restrictions on memory card capacity either, so u can have a look at that too..

I actually liked Gleam... is it available in India or shud I get it from outside? how much it would cost?

- - - Updated - - -

Best flip phones I can think of are the Sony Ericsson W980i and the Nokia N76.

You should be easily able to get them from ebay.com via any sns service.

thank you... I might consider sony w980i over N76.... Cos, this mobile is for a girl :D

You can buy it from here - Motorola Quartz EX212 Price in India, Buy Motorola Quartz EX212, Reviews & Features, Motorola Mobiles India - Infibeam.com
Its the lowest price online ( at the time of posting).. use coupon code "MANGOPEOPLE" to save an additional 10%.. the amount gets credited to your wallet..

Post edited. The link had affiliation id. Please make sure that you delete the affid or trackid or subtrackid when posting the link in the forum. When you click on a link from any price comparison site it will have one of the above ids.
@sriharsha - The gleam is a pretty good model and infibeam is reliable. You can go ahead with the purchase since you would also have local warranty unlike an imported razr.

Last edited by a moderator:
Post edited. The link had affiliation id. Please make sure that you delete the affid or trackid or subtrackid when posting the link in the forum. When you click on a link from any price comparison site it will have one of the above ids.
@sriharsha - The gleam is a pretty good model and infibeam is reliable. You can go ahead with the purchase since you would also have local warranty unlike an imported razr.

Apologies mod! Will be careful henceforth.. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
sriharsha - The gleam is a pretty good model and infibeam is reliable. You can go ahead with the purchase since you would also have local warranty unlike an imported razr.

Dark angel... you word is always worthy!! :D sure, I am going to take it in EMI. DA, is it good to go ahead with EMI?

- - - Updated - - -

Apologies mod! Will be careful henceforth.. :)

kool bro,
where can I find a black color one?

Dark angel... you word is always worthy!! :D sure, I am going to take it in EMI. DA, is it good to go ahead with EMI?

kool bro,
where can I find a black color one?

Not sure about EMI. If you are getting a 0% interest rate then thats a good deal.

But is EMI available for a 3k item in infibeam and is it applicable for item where you apply a coupon?

Back