Flipkart and Hisense experience (together)- Totally Flop service yet a full 110% Win-win situation!

nRiTeCh

Skilled

Writing this deliberately after 1.5yrs since that incident.

I bought Hisense LED Smart Android TV from Flipkart during its India launch sale in the yr 2020. Refer here for the posted review.

Everything was going perfectly fine until Nov 2021 when all of a sudden TV wasn't giving display. It used to turn on (led light used to go from power-on Red to white as it does normally) After the Hisense logo, no display except for an extremely faint whitish screen. Sound as well was working fine in the background.

I thought something might have gone wrong with the display all of a sudden but there were no such warning signs till now. (Usual smart tv issues)

I was not worried as the purchase was backed with a 5 yr panel warranty.

So I ringed Flipkart and the call went as usual..order id, purchase date etc. But then the fuming starts!

The CC woman says your TV warranty of 1yr has expired and bla bla and I was trying to convince her about a 5 yr display warranty on the purchse offer etc. and she was like nothing such is there...not ready to listen or get convinced.

I rang twice so that I could connect to a better CC person but there was the same response! The kept asking me if such thing is even mentioned on the invoice or email which unfortunately wasn't.

Obviously I lost my patience now.

Also, when I bought the TV, I did confirmed 2-3 times from Flopkarts CC and also from Hisense CC and they both agreed on the 5 yr panel warranty and now they are showing their true colors!

I have this bad habit of taking screenshots of almost everything so I was sure I was having all those screenshots about pre-product launches, product page, description, ordering everything. Didn't took me much time to find these screenshots and slapped those on Flopkart email.

Got a call the next day and they were like we will look into this etc.

Meanwhile, I contacted Hisense. Now, they also saying as per them only 1yr warranty is applicable unless bought with 3rd party insurance like Oneassist etc. or if mentioned on the purchase

==
I googled this issue and many people were facing some OS/software corruption issues. I dug in hard and found the stock rom for my tv. Followed all steps to flash but there was no response. Contacted the person who uploaded the rom file and who is master in all this and he said that for some TVs only usb flashing doesn't work but have to remove the mobo out and connect it to a flasher device to get it flashed! Well, not as easy as flashing a phone and I was also not seeing any progress from Flopkart too.

With no options left, finally ringed Hisense again and they said they will send an engineer but have to pay 300 visiting charges for inspection purposes etc.
And it seems they do not have their own team but have partnered with some 3rd party company for providing after sales/technical service
I was fine as it still was covid era and to be without a tv was an anxious feeling for my family and had no other option left.

Finally, the technician arrived the same day and he carefully inspected the display, mobo, power supply etc. and concluded the mobo was dead. (I was still 110% sure it was a mere firmware issue) and when I told him he said whatever it was no tv cos. do flashing etc. but straightway replace the parts. If you want to risk flashing you can approach roadside repairs. But he warned that the brand is new and it will be hard on luck as well.

Anyways, he rang his office and the mobo cost was 4.2k incl. of all. I said give me a time of a day or two to decide how Flipkart acts and then I will ring you back.

Oh! Now during this period I received an email from Flopkart asking for my bank details, etc. They were going to refund me the full amount of the TV. Great! I waited for the refund but it didn't happen in the prescribed time nor was my TV picked up. Thinking it was the usual Flopkart fluke, I rang Hisense and ordered the mobo. Now mobo was to be ordered from Bangalore HQ and that was gonna cost some time-- 5 days it took! And all this issue has wasted my 12-15 days!

Finally the part arrived and the same technician came and installed the mobo the next day. It was the original one with both mobos identical with all logos/embedded branding etc. proper and also words from the technician that it is indeed an original one as the TV itself was launched recently and they do not sell anything allied as a first copy type stuff even after requests.

Replacement mobo had a 3 months warranty.

I paid him 4.2k and was happy with the service and that TV was finally back as is!

And still no update from Flopkart!

But after 3 weeks I received the entire money refunded in my provided bank a/c and then a return pickup was scheduled for the tv.

Now, this was extremely annoying as neither Flopkart provided me any timely updates and they were delaying everything with no timely communication or even a proper logical response.

I emailed them stating that I have repaired the TV at my own expenses so kindly reverse the entire refund amount and let me have the TV or take the TV deducting the repair charges I have paid (as I'm 110% sure that once seller comes to know the TV has been repaired he will put it back on sale as a brand new unit or a refurbished one and earn on it)

But zero response from Flopkart. The CC as always was hopeless to its best useless levels!

They kept saying it cant be reversed etc. nor a partial refund will be considered etc.

We were firm not to return the TV at any cost as I have invested my time and money and the breach of trust from Flopkart and now it has become an emotional thing as well.

Finally, the best of Flopkarts evergreen shitty Flop services... Nor the pickup ever happened nor anything even after waiting for months and the order/pickup everything got cancelled in their system.

In the end, we have both- the TV plus the entire refund money! :cigar: :cool:

We got the TV Free free free! :woot: :photogenic: from our very own Freepkart!

Last edited:
@nRiTeCh is Hisense still working Good? or... bought any other brand. I'm with 10k budget searching for DURABLE Android TV ;)
Working rock solid since yr 2020 except for that mobo change (which wasn't required but I didn't had a rom flasher). No screen/display or any functionality issues. Just few weeks back received android 12 update as well.

Last edited:
Working rock solid since yr 2020 except for that mobo change (which wasn't required but I didn't had a rom flasher). No screen/display or any functionality issues. Just few weeks back received android 12 update as well.
  1. So would you suggest Hisense 32" Android if avail upto 10k? (or Redmi)
  2. To save LED TV (PCB/Mobo) from power fluctuations etc. (I'm leaving near/within Industrial zone and we don't know when there will power spike due to heavy load uses by any Industries)

1. So would you suggest Hisense 32" Android if avail upto 10k? (or Redmi)
  2. To save LED TV (PCB/Mobo) from power fluctuations etc. (I'm leaving near/within Industrial zone and we don't know when there will power spike due to heavy load uses by any Industries)
My 3 friends incl me have Hisense all bought during the launch year and all working good so far so will definitely recommend. (AT least its trustworthy wrt quality and reliability that those thomson johnson and sanyo type homemade crap)
For second point you need to install a voltage stabilizer and a ups to save from any power tripping issues.

My next tv might be hisense or mi unless I can score a good deal on a samsung or sony.

To save LED TV (PCB/Mobo) from power fluctuations etc. (I'm leaving near/within Industrial zone and we don't know when there will power spike due to heavy load uses by any Industries)
2 of my TVs have developed horizontal/vertical lines problem and they keep increasing with time due to the voltage fluctuations.
I'm 100% sure the reason is that because both TVs were fine 2-3 months ago when this problem didn't exist. Only a couple months back we started to notice surges of high voltage (upto 290V) at times especially during evening and nights when TVs were on.

Both of them developed the problem. I've managed to "fix" (actually workaround) one TV which had horizontal lines issue and have now put a cheap UPS (with voltage regulation feature) on it just a few days back. Hoping it lasts longer now.
The other TV which has one vertical line is still to be diagnosed but in general these problems are caused by shorts in COF or T-CON board. So I will suggest a UPS like APC BX600C-IN or Microtek Legend 650 for a smart TV.
For second point you need to install a voltage stabilizer and a ups to save from any power tripping issues.
A UPS with AVR is enough.

I also bought 2 units of the 55incher during the launch offer. I noticed Amazon and Flipkart were giving 1 year comprehensive and 5 year on panel warranty. However Reliance Digital was giving 3 year comprehensive and 5 year on panel so went ahead and ordered from them. They infact sent me an sms "Thanks for shopping for a Hisense TV! Inaugural offer: 3 yrs Comprehensive & 2 years addnl Panel Warranty. Please use this SMS for claiming Panel Warrany. T&C"

No issues till date touchwood. But I havent received any OS updates.

2 of my TVs have developed horizontal/vertical lines problem and they keep increasing with time due to the voltage fluctuations.
I'm 100% sure the reason is that because both TVs were fine 2-3 months ago when this problem didn't exist. Only a couple months back we started to notice surges of high voltage (upto 290V) at times especially during evening and nights when TVs were on.

Both of them developed the problem. I've managed to "fix" (actually workaround) one TV which had horizontal lines issue and have now put a cheap UPS (with voltage regulation feature) on it just a few days back. Hoping it lasts longer now.
The other TV which has one vertical line is still to be diagnosed but in general these problems are caused by shorts in COF or T-CON board. So I will suggest a UPS like APC BX600C-IN or Microtek Legend 650 for a smart TV.

A UPS with AVR is enough.
Isn't all UPS by Default have Automatic Voltage Regulation (AVR) ? Any cheap UPS with AVR suggestion please

Isn't all UPS by Default have Automatic Voltage Regulation (AVR) ? Any cheap UPS with AVR suggestion please
I already gave you suggestions in my comment, read again. I don't trust any other cheaper brands than Microtek.
There are not a lot of major players in UPS market. APC and Microtek are the only decent ones.

I'm already using this APC BX600C-IN, out of 3 only 2 of it's outlet occupied (for Monitor + Cabinet/Power Supply), so can I use the 3rd one to connect LED TV ?
Depends on your already connected load. If your PC can pull around anywhere from 250W to 320W then you're already near max rated capacity of the UPS.
Smart TVs 40" or above generally pull around 75W of power.

But if both TV and your PC will never be on at the same time then you can.

I bought a HiSense 43" QLED TV yesterday from Amazon. Will be delivered today. They are offering 4 yrs comprehensive warranty during prebook time and 2 yrs after that. I did not take any screenshot but after reading this I found few youtube video were they were highlighting this offer and took high res screenshot from there. Thanks a lot for this post. It might come in handy.

I bought a HiSense 43" QLED TV yesterday from Amazon. Will be delivered today. They are offering 4 yrs comprehensive warranty during prebook time and 2 yrs after that. I did not take any screenshot but after reading this I found few youtube video were they were highlighting this offer and took high res screenshot from there. Thanks a lot for this post. It might come in handy.
I took screenshot. I was confused till last moment but didn't buy it.

You can save this screenshot.

Attachments

• Screenshot (2400).jpg
    Screenshot (2400).jpg
    183 KB · Views: 61
Back