Flipkart...Could be Indian Amazon ?

I am a Happy flipkart customer too. In fact, I only buy books through flipkart now since books are usually costlier through regular shops. And flipkart is fast too. Unfortunately I have only had bad experience with Infibeam. They twice showed books "in-stock" which were out of stock and when I ordered from them, instead of informing me about the unavailability of the books within the promised delivery time, they did nothing at all. I had to email them several times in order to get a response from them.

baccilus said:
I am a Happy flipkart customer too. In fact, I only buy books through flipkart now since books are usually costlier through regular shops. And flipkart is fast too. Unfortunately I have only had bad experience with Infibeam. They twice showed books "in-stock" which were out of stock and when I ordered from them, instead of informing me about the unavailability of the books within the promised delivery time, they did nothing at all. I had to email them several times in order to get a response from them.
That's why you should only pay via Cash on Delivery, i always do that. No tension that way.

Both are good, i have dealed with both, but i prefer infibeam because of they use bluedart and i must say that these guys are good, of all the courier service only the bluedart guys use to give home delivery and others ask me to collect it from their office :(.
Flipkart is good but they use random courier - for me it was first flight and overnite express.

CA50 said:
Both are good, i have dealed with both, but i prefer infibeam because of they use bluedart and i must say that these guys are good, of all the courier service only the bluedart guys use to give home delivery and others ask me to collect it from their office :(.

Flipkart is good but they use random courier - for me it was first flight and overnite express.
For Kolkata they use Aramax.

Now amazon is coming to India, it makes more tough job for flipkart [& more price discounts ? :p].

anyways really nice to see so many categories now :

UCR6D.jpg

Go flipkart !

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Spacescreamer said:
A lil query..

Does the price drop observed in the retail market reflect immediately on flipkart or such online sites ..?

Not immediately. But if you contact CC, they will give you updated price if any.

few days back i ordered a backpack and a screen guard for my mobile. for the screen guard they used their own courier service ie. flipkart courier and for the backpack they used bluedart. i really liked their service and cc.

For books,cd and other smaller things they use their own courier,I received all the electronic items via AFL in kolkata.

Sent from my galaxy s2 with tapatalk pro.

Flipkart all the way- I have had 3 transactions with them- all three comprised ingredients of good trade practices- i.e. good pricing-good communication and fast delivery!, if they keep this up- they will reap the benefits, for sure !

Only they need to expand their product portfolio !

I recently bought two mobile phones from Flipkart and I must say their shipping is quite good and also prices are a little less when compared to local shops.

I find their service excellent, have ordered over 40 books from them till date and all of them have been delivered well within 2 to 3 days at the most. And with them foraying into other areas such as computers and other electronic products, it just seems to get better.

Everytime I step into a bookstore I have flipkart open on my mobile and I can assure you there hasn't been ONE instance when the prices in the bookstore have been cheaper, rather at times I find a steep difference between the two, obviously without saying, in favour of Flipkart.

I've made special requests on two instances for expediting the delivery before the estimated delivery date and they have complied without any questions, rather with a helpful note.

Recently I purchased a Kingston 8GB Pen Drive from Nehru Place for 410, thinking I've got a great price I checked out the prices for the product on flipkart, and voila! It was for 404 there. That's not much of a discount at all, but then considering the fact that I get it delivered to my doorstep and save on the fuel costs speaks volumes.

So, is Flipkart India's Amazon? I'd say very much. With their expanding range of products, user base, cash on delivery and great discounts, there's nothing stopping them!

Just to top it off with another good experience, I recently returned a book to them and they gladly accepted it without any questions asked and even gave me the choice of a refund or store credit.

I just read somewhere that Flipkart is starting to list appliances on their website.

It's really great to see Flipkart grow from an online book store to selling other stuff as well. It certainly is the best online retailer by far, I just hope they continue to maintain this quality. I think the reason they have been so successful at good at it is because they have kept their listing limited to specific categories and not included just about everything under the sun. I hope they are growing according to what they can handle and not just because other websites list many different products compared to them.

ordered lots of books from them back in college. the thing i noticed is that that the first flight courier people seem to take the flipkart consignments very seriously and paid extra attention so that it could be delivered to the respective hostel rooms. later when i started ordering games and electronics stuffs from them, they offered the same flawless service. fast shipping, good pricing, good after sales service, in short a hassle free transaction. What more can a consumer ask for.

Back