Flipkart to shut down website by April 2016 and Migrate to App

the downside of it all is that now there is actually less competition in the e-commerce space now. we need to seriously get more e-tailers like newegg here.

Flipkart has already shut down the mobile site. Searching for Flipkart on mobile browsers now redirects users to the respective app stores (Apple App Store or Google Play Store) in case they don’t have the app on their device.
i dnt find it to be a cool move. whatsapp being a mobile app started whatsapp web for desktop users (though thats a different thing that u need to hav the app on ur smartphone).i dnt get whats wrong with flipkart

Yeah, not to mention apps asking for permissions to access your data like phone number, contact list (so they can spam others!) and what not.

In the meantime, Flipkart has removed ".com" from their logo.

jyKXAuv.png

This will bite them back in their arses lol. WTF were they thinking here?
the downside of it all is that now there is actually less competition in the e-commerce space now. we need to seriously get more e-tailers like newegg here.
Getting more e-tailers won't really change the scenario that much because these are just websites that enables various kinds of sellers in India to sell their stuff online. When talking specifically about electronics and gadgets, sites like Newegg can't make a serious dent until foreign direct investment is allowed and westerners can set up stores here and various kinds of custom duties\taxes etc are out of the equation or atleast not as high as they're now.

But something like this won't easily happen because Indian sellers will fight tooth and nail against FDI as they know they can't fend off serious competition offered from global competetion. BJP also has nationalistic BS elements within and moreover businessmen bribe them etc and aid them in political campaigns etc to serve their own ends, which is to not allow foreign competition set foot here.

Absolute stupidity...You should provide flexibility not the constraint of having to shop only through the app. Moreover, i would always rely on my internet security software to do a transaction online than doing it just over the app :)

Well, Snapdeal it is then for the future :p

Absolute stupidity...You should provide flexibility not the constraint of having to shop only through the app. Moreover, i would always rely on my internet security software to do a transaction online than doing it just over the app :)
Couldn't agree more.
At the very least it would serve as an interesting experiment in micro-economics since it's not being replicated anywhere else in the world.

We can install android emulators and similar things like bluestacks and then easily run apps like crapkart in full screen. Not a big problem even if you don't have a smartphone.

Back