Floor standing/bookshelf speakers under 10K

logistopath

Molar Police
Staff member
Super Mod
Please recommend me a good active bookshelf or floor standing tower speakers under Rs.10K. It will be connected to my TV. We would be mainly listening to Indian film songs, and ghazals, in addition to watching Hollywood movies on DTH and via USB.
Looking for clarity of music and some amount of bass. Wouldn't be listening in very high volumes.

Currently, I have shortlisted the following two models:
https://www.amazon.in/Edifier-R1700BT-Bluetooth-Bookshelf-Speakers/dp/B016PATXSI/
https://www.amazon.in/F-D-T60X-Tower-Speakers/dp/B01AW1XCJC

The former is slightly above budget, but in a more compact bookshelf format. The latter is within budget, looks good, and has good connectivity options. I'm currently tilting in favor of the F&D. Let me know your suggestions.

P.S: I'm not an audiophile, and have no intentions of upgrading for a long time. I've been using Creative 2.1 speakers for over 10 years. I was quite okay with them, although they've starting failing recently. I am not planning to have an amplifier + speaker setup.

P.P.S: Bluetooth connectivity would be a good plus.

Last edited:
How about the Edifier R1280, especially since you don't need it to be too loud?
Looks good. However, no bluetooth. Is that the only difference between this one and the Edifier R1700BT that I have mentioned earlier? I forgot to add in the main post - bluetooth connectivity would be a good add-on.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm pretty sure I'm not into DIY stuff. :p BTW, the BA A26 costs 8k for each individual speaker, so the setup would end up costing almost twice my budget.

1700BT seems to be available for less than 10K... Is this good buy?
Where? I see them hovering around the 13K price mark.
I was looking at the Swans too. Finally decided on the Swans D1080 MKII+ and placed on order via Proaudiohome a few days back. I have run into some issues with the delivery, but am working out with Proaudiohome for a resolution. More on than later.
Panasonic HT21 if you want to save money.
Not really keen on a 2.1 setup.

Back