Folder lock help !

Hi te folks :D

Posting after a long time. Shifted to Mumbai for a couple of years so hopefully will come to the much coveted mumbai meets ! :D
Need a little noob advice. Can any of you forward a link for a free downloadable free folder lock software ? Or something on the lines that satisfies the purpose. Basically something that helps me hide the files in a particular folder , and it remains that way even if i conduct a search in the drive.

TIA.

Been using Easy File Locker for a while: XOSLAB.COM

Beware of Folder Lock as I lost my data earlier when an ahem version got corrupt.

Truecrypt offers the best protection but its an encryption software and you need to decrypt the files every time you want to use them, that can be cumbersome sometimes.

Easy file locker will just hide the folder/file and the search, etc won't show it.

^folder lock makes your data unreadable only to your os.

you could have got your data back if you had your HD read over other Pc/os.

last measure format the pc :p

Change the NTFS Security permissions of the folder to suit your requirement. Create a local user account on your system, set the folder permission for that account and have everyone logon through that instead of the admin account.Obviates the need for any software.

ritzcoolhunk said:
Change the NTFS Security permissions of the folder to suit your requirement. Create a local user account on your system, set the folder permission for that account and have everyone logon through that instead of the admin account.Obviates the need for any software.

And just remember to set permissions for that folder only, not to the files in it! And to reverse the settings before formatting. Else be prepared to do a ownership change!

Back