Football, football n MORE FOOTBALL!!!

Term!n@t0r

Disciple
Hey guyz...wid football bein da world's fav game, i was surprised wen i didn't find a single topic on football on dis site...neway i' creating dis topic so tht all u football crazy fans can xchange views on dis lovely game...epl, spanish liga, serie a, bundesliga, etc...plz give ur views on nethin related 2 football..

P.S.: Manchester United Rockz!!!

There are separate football topics for EPL and La Liga, theres a tool called "Search" which is used for searching, you can try to use that the next time you start a new thread on a common topic.

Welcome to TE , and which club do you support??

AM a proud chelski fan since 2001 :eek:hyeah:.

Chelsea for Europe baybeh (They already have the EPL :eek:hyeah:).

DC.

@DC --- He has said "Man U rocks" :p

Anyway, me not a die hard fan of the EPL but when I am asked to name my team, it is ARSENAL!!! The gunners rule!!!

10th "ONGC" National Football League 2005/06:
from 10th January upto 14th May 2006 all over the country

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
This seasons the size of the league was reduced by two teams to 10 teams, who play each other in a home-&-away format.

NFL 2005/06

Round 1
10-Jan-06: East Bengal Club _-_ Mohammedan Sporting Club
10-Jan-06: Dempo Sports Club _-_ Sporting Clube de Goa
11-Jan-06: Mohun Bagan AC _-_ Mahindra United
11-Jan-06: Fransa-Pax Football Club _-_ JCT Mills
11-Jan-06: Salgaocar Sports Club _-_ Air-India

Round 2
14-Jan-06: Dempo Sports Club _-_ Fransa-Pax Football Club
14-Jan-06: Mohun Bagan AC _-_ Mohammedan Sporting Club
15-Jan-06: East Bengal Club _-_ Salgaocar Sports Club
15-Jan-06: Sporting Clube de Goa _-_ JCT Mills
??-???-06: Air-India _-_ Mahindra United

Round 3
17-Jan-06: Dempo Sports Club _-_ Mahindra United
18-Jan-06: East Bengal Club _-_ Fransa-Pax Football Club
18-Jan-06: Sporting Clube de Goa _-_ Air-India
19-Jan-06: Mohun Bagan AC _-_ JCT Mills
20-Jan-06: Mohammedan Sporting Club _-_ Salgaocar Sports Club

Round 4
21-Jan-06: Dempo Sports Club _-_ Air-India
22-Jan-06: Mohun Bagan AC _-_ East Bengal Club
23-Jan-06: Mahindra United _-_ JCT Mills
23-Jan-06: Mohammedan Sporting Club _-_ Sporting Clube de Goa
24-Jan-06: Salgaocar Sports Club _-_ Fransa-Pax Football Club

Round 5
26-Jan-06: Dempo Sports Club _-_ Mohun Bagan AC
26-Jan-06: Air-India _-_ East Bengal Club
27-Jan-06: Mohammedan Sporting Club _-_ JCT Mills
28-Jan-06: Sporting Clube de Goa _-_ Salgaocar Sports Club
29-Jan-06: Mahindra United _-_ Fransa-Pax Football Club

Round 6
30-Jan-06: Mohammedan Sporting Club _-_ Dempo Sports Club
31-Jan-06: Sporting Clube de Goa _-_ Mohun Bagan AC
31-Jan-06: JCT Mills _-_ East Bengal Club
01-Feb-06: Salgaocar Sports Club _-_ Mahindra United
02-Feb-06: Fransa-Pax Football Club _-_ Air-India

Round 7
03-Feb-06: JCT Mills _-_ Dempo Sports Club
04-Feb-06: Salgaocar Sports Club _-_ Mohun Bagan AC
05-Feb-06: Sporting Clube de Goa _-_ Fransa-Pax Football Club
05-Feb-06: East Bengal Club _-_ Mahindra United
06-Feb-06: Air-India _-_ Mohammedan Sporting Club

Round 8
08-Feb-06: Dempo Sports Club _-_ Salgaocar Sports Club
09-Feb-06: JCT Mills _-_ Air-India
09-Feb-06: Fransa-Pax Football Club _-_ Mohun Bagan AC
09-Feb-06: Mahindra United _-_ Mohammedan Sporting Club
09-Feb-06: East Bengal Club _-_ Sporting Clube de Goa

EPL Fixtures

Sat - 14 Jan 06

Man City v Man Utd
A Villa v West Ham
Arsenal v M'brough
Charlton v Birm'ham
Fulham v N'castle
Liv'pool v Tot'ham
Portsm'h v Everton
Blackb'n v Bolton
Sun - 15 Jan 06

Wigan v W.B.A.
Sun'land v Chelsea

FA Cup Fixtures

Friday, 06 January 2006
Port Vale v Doncaster
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, 07 January 2006
Arsenal v Cardiff
Barnsley v Walsall
Blackburn v QPR
Brighton v Coventry
Chelsea v Huddersfield
Cheltenham v Chester
Crystal Palace v Northampton
Derby v Burnley
Hull v Aston Villa
Ipswich v Portsmouth
Luton v Liverpool
Man City v Scunthorpe
Millwall v Everton
Newcastle v Mansfield
Norwich v West Ham
Nuneaton v Middlesbrough
Preston v Crewe
Sheff Utd v Colchester
Sheff Wed v Charlton
Southampton v Milton Keynes Dons
Stockport v Brentford
Stoke v Tamworth
Torquay v Birmingham
Watford v Bolton
West Brom v Reading
Wigan v Leeds
Wolverhampton v Plymouth

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, 08 January 2006
Burton Albion v Man Utd
Fulham v Leyton Orient
Leicester v Tottenham
Sunderland v Northwich

Barca gonna be taken out of Champions League again by Chelsea, 2nd year in a row :eek:hyeah:.

Go on Chelski :D, now we have Maniche too :eek:hyeah:

DC.

Evra on verge of Man Utd transfer
Monaco vice-president Gerard Brianti expects defender Patrice Evra to join Manchester United next week.
Frenchman Evra, 24, is in dispute with Monaco and was pulled out of the squad which played Auxerre on Thursday.

Brianti confirmed: "There is a real common desire to complete the deal, I am very optimistic. We are on the same wavelength and will reach agreement."

Evra's agent Frederico Pastorello said: "We are 90% done and will gather at the start of next week to seal the deal."

Pastorello revealed he had met with United chief executive David Gill and Monaco officials to finalise the deal.

He told L'Equipe: "We really did a good job, we cleared out a lot of things and made huge progress.

"Manchester are becoming the most probable destination of Patrice.

"Only a few little details have yet to be sorted out but nothing that can overturn the deal now."

Evra has made it clear he wishes to leave in the January transfer window.

Although no fee has been mentioned, it is likely to be in excess of the £3.5m bid made by Inter Milan as soon as the window opened this week.

Reds boss Sir Alex Ferguson sees Evra as a solution to his problems at left-back following Gabriel Heinze's long-term injury.

John O'Shea has been filling the role but United have continued to leak soft goals, a failing which has seen them slip 13 points behind Chelsea at the top of the Premiership.

If Evra's move to Old Trafford goes through, he will be the second signing Ferguson has made in the transfer window following the arrival of central defender Nemanja Vidic.

Maniche wraps up Blues loan move

Portuguese international midfielder Maniche has completed his loan move to Premiership champions Chelsea.
The 28-year-old joins from Russian side Dynamo Moscow until the end of the season and is eligible to play in the Champions League knockout stages.

Blues boss Jose Mourinho has indicated that Maniche will be Chelsea's only recruit in January.

He said: "We will sign nobody or one player in the window. If we sign one player he will be a midfield player."

Mourinho's need to further bolster his midfield heightened following Michael Essien's injury during the Blues' 3-1 triumph at West Ham on Monday.

He added: "We have Essien suspended and injured and we lose Geremi to the African Nations Cup. He is also a solution in midfield."

Maniche admits he can't wait for the deal to go through. He said: "I have had offers from other big European teams but once Chelsea became interested there was only one team."

Maniche has already played under Chelsea manager Mourinho when at Benfica and Porto. And the midfielder says his presence at Stamford Bridge was an important factor in the switch.

"Mourinho is the key to me signing - he has been after me for some time. He is my maestro. He knows me from my time at Porto and Benfica.

"I would be crazy to turn them down, because of the manager and because I have known some of the players there for years."

If Maniche proves a hit at Stamford Bridge, Chelsea could make the move permanent in the summer for £5m.

Yeah..Evra is being bought to replace Heinze at left back (Whose out with a long term ankle injury) as Keiran Richardson isnt performing as expected (How do you expect a midfielder to perform as a left back??).

Heinze is a quality quality player, voted Fans Player of the year at Manchester United in his first season and voted the Fans Player of All time at Paris Saint Germain where he spent 4 years :D (Quite uselss info i must confess, but its racked up in my brain so I had to spit it out here).

Btw rizuboy please dont post info and news from other sites, lets just have a footie discussion here...

Regards,

DC.

PS: About Maniche (See my earlier post :eek:hyeah:), I know this news since the last one month..so please dont post news from other sites and lets jsut stick to footie discussion.

Other transfers:

Jan Kromkamp to Liverpool (Swap deal with Josemi with Mallorca)

Daniel Agger to Liverpool (From FC Brondby).

Meite to Newcastle (From Marseille).

Hey guyz..don't u think man utd also requires quality mid-fielders??..I dont know whts gonna happen bout da Ballack move, but widout scholes (who is in awesome form) n keane (farewell) it leaves a lot 2 b desired!!!!

English Premier League Transfers as on 6th January 2006; 6:30pm [IST]

Birmingham City

In: Chris Sutton (Celtic, free)

Bolton Wanderers

In: Ali Al Habsi (Lyn Oslo, free)

Charlton Athletic

Out: James Walker (Hartlepool, loan)

Chelsea

In: Maniche (Dynamo Moscow, loan)

Fulham

In: Tony Warner (Cardiff City, undisclosed)

Liverpool

In: Jan Kromkamp (Villarreal, undisclosed), Paul Anderson (Hull City, in exchange for John Welsh)

Out: Josemi (Villarreal, undisclosed), John Welsh (Hull City, in exchange for Paul Anderson)

Manchester City

In: Albert Riera (Espanyol, loan)

Manchester United

In: Nemanja Vidic (Spartak Moscow, undisclosed)

Newcastle United

Out: Laurent Robert (Benfica, free)

Portsmouth

In: Emmanuel Olisadebe (Panathinaikos, free)

West Ham United

In: Yaniv Katan (Maccabi Haifa, £100,000)

Out: Luke Chadwick (Stoke City, £100,000), Gavin Williams (Ipswich Town, £300,000)

Wigan Athletic

In: Paul Scharner (Brann Bergen, undisclosed)

Back