Football?

Was browsing across and couldn't find anything specific - apologies if this is the wrong place or if I didn't search well enough..

Are there any soccer fans on here? What's the club you're rooting for? Or the player? Who's the - Messi or Ronaldo? The apparent heir - Mbappe or Haaland?

Is the Ligue 1 better now with Messi? Or totally boring 'coz PSG?

Barcelona - is there a way back for them from the current scenario or are they going the Leeds way?

Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United, Chelsea or Spurs?
Can anyone even save Arsenal anymore?

Bayern stockpiling the best Germans and arguing on the spending of the Qataris and the oil people.

Lesser known league, players, any tales or memories?

I'll share my fav memory - the CL final b/w Liverpool and AC Milan at Istanbul - was watching it on TV - it was right after my 10th and waiting for results time - was at home from my boarding and lo! 45 mins, down 3-0!
I turned TV off at HT and cried myself to sleep. That was the era when we had no mobile phones, or even if we had that world be the 3310, 2100 era!

I woke up next morning to regret sleeping at HT - Liverpool won on penalties having scored 3 quick goals after the break with Dudek the unlikely hero making crazy saves from Shevchenko late into the game.

I'm approaching close to 2 decades watching this sport, and being in love with Liverpool. From the lows of being close to administration, signing Konchesky and playing the likes of Spearing in late 2000's and early 2010's, to the highs of Istanbul, Klopp-era, Alisson-VVD-Fabinho-Salah-Mane-Firmino being the core of the team, it has been a love affair unlike any other I've known!

Oh, I remember watching that CL final live. They scored 3 goals in some 10 minutes and then Dudek's antics in the goal paid off. The first CL final I had watched was Inter vs Ac Milan. Have been watching Premier League regularly since then and am a supporter of ManU.
The last 5 years have been really tough. I am hoping Ronaldo can at least inspire this somewhat talented team to work hard enough to reach their potential.

Oh, I remember watching that CL final live. They scored 3 goals in some 10 minutes and then Dudek's antics in the goal paid off. The first CL final I had watched was Inter vs Ac Milan. Have been watching Premier League regularly since then and am a supporter of ManU.
The last 5 years have been really tough. I am hoping Ronaldo can at least inspire this somewhat talented team to work hard enough to reach their potential.
a proper DM is what United have been crying for.. Ronaldo is definitely an impulse and sentimental buy, it seems..

a proper DM is what United have been crying for.. Ronaldo is definitely an impulse and sentimental buy, it seems..
Everyone keeps saying that about DM, but I always feel what we need is something else. We need Pogba and Fernandes to do better as mid-fielders. Unfortunately, both of them are more attacking players than pure playmakers and holding midfielders like Scholes or Xavi. Rooney would have filled that role perfectly, but he didn't want to move back from his role as a striker even though he had the perfect skills for that role, as he showed in many matches before he went away.
Anyhow, with Varane in the team, the need for a dedicated DM will be felt less and less.
BTW, lots of Liverpool fans are kind of pissed at Klopp for not making any new signings. Frankly speaking, I think Liverpool still have one of the best squads, so there is actually no need to waste money on new signings. What's your take on this. I actually don't like this new culture of buying so many players that is being done by so many top clubs these days.

Everyone keeps saying that about DM, but I always feel what we need is something else. We need Pogba and Fernandes to do better as mid-fielders. Unfortunately, both of them are more attacking players than pure playmakers and holding midfielders like Scholes or Xavi. Rooney would have filled that role perfectly, but he didn't want to move back from his role as a striker even though he had the perfect skills for that role, as he showed in many matches before he went away.
Anyhow, with Varane in the team, the need for a dedicated DM will be felt less and less.
BTW, lots of Liverpool fans are kind of pissed at Klopp for not making any new signings. Frankly speaking, I think Liverpool still have one of the best squads, so there is actually no need to waste money on new signings. What's your take on this. I actually don't like this new culture of buying so many players that is being done by so many top clubs these days.
We have young Elliott in midfield who's keeping Keita, Ox and Thiago out of 1st XI, there's Curtis Jones as well.
For front 3 we have the finest in Firmino Mane & Salah, with Jota the next option. Ox can play there, so can Jones. Then there's Minamino, Origi who are a step down, but mid table ish.

Our defense is the finest it gets, indeed, and with Fabinho and Henderson in front of back 4, it's really good.

We could do with a back up for front 3 in the mould of Adama Traore, wouldn't hurt. But not really necessary.

Anyone else crying to sleep today?

Man utd destroyed. This was not just a scoreline defeat, but emotional wrecking of United fans like me.

Literally felt like watching men vs boys.

Bumping this thread!

Excellent games the last 2 nights - Villareal vs Liverpool & Real Madrid vs Manchester City.

The CL final should be a very interesting watch.

And the end to the PL season - a mere point separating Manchester City & Liverpool.

anyone following?

Never understood why leave if you have spent all the money for ticket and 85 mins of the match. Sure team is loosing but if you are a fan, just stay on and cheer for the rest of it.
Probably alcohol might be involved :D
1. Parking - it gets way too crazy leaving with your vehicle when everyone departs after FT.
2. Trailing at 85 mins, 2 goals down, with a bleak outlook & appearing impossible - fans think it's a statement to show their annoyance at the team's performance.
3. Downing their sorrows in alcohol. (Yeah, that turned celebratory yesterday lmao!)

Real Madrid fans are never known to be the brightest and most loyal bunch out there.

I mean, these guys booed CR7 at the Bernabeu, who was their greatest player to ever play for the club.

what do people have to say about Saudi's recent pull into the transfer market? the players they have been assembling in their league?

and what does this season hold for EPL, La Liga, Ligue 1, Bundesliga, Serie A?

what do people have to say about Saudi's recent pull into the transfer market? the players they have been assembling in their league?

and what does this season hold for EPL, La Liga, Ligue 1, Bundesliga, Serie A?

Saudi's pull is tremendous now.
Cristiano opened the gate and now top players are flocking there.
I saw some matches and it is becoming more competitive than MLS or even few matches of LA Liga, Ligue 1 and Bundesliga.

They are doing what MLS couldn't do despite their efforts.
If it keep going this way they can achieve greater heights in Football. They have the money and the vision.
What sets apart them from MLS is that they are not becoming a retirement home for players.
They are even bidding for Mbappe, although it is too ambitious
But it shows their intent.
I would love to see their league flourish as it will break the monopoly of top European leagues.

Feels goods to see the Bayern hierarchy crumbling slowly and steadily. They just spent more than 100 million pounds on a striker, without bolstering other areas of the team. And that too for a manager who looks absolutely clueless on the first match of the season.

Feels goods to see the Bayern hierarchy crumbling slowly and steadily. They just spent more than 100 million pounds on a striker, without bolstering other areas of the team. And that too for a manager who looks absolutely clueless on the first match of the season.

their GK is done good this time, and that's a far more important position for them to address. also, they need a #6 to shore up the defensive midfield..

and if Pavard goes, they need another CB.

can't really see Dortmund going for it, they might bottle it again.. however, RBL despite losing some key players, have recruited perfectly and should definitely challenge for the title this year!
Saudi's pull is tremendous now.
Cristiano opened the gate and now top players are flocking there.
I saw some matches and it is becoming more competitive than MLS or even few matches of LA Liga, Ligue 1 and Bundesliga.

They are doing what MLS couldn't do despite their efforts.
If it keep going this way they can achieve greater heights in Football. They have the money and the vision.
What sets apart them from MLS is that they are not becoming a retirement home for players.
They are even bidding for Mbappe, although it is too ambitious
But it shows their intent.
I would love to see their league flourish as it will break the monopoly of top European leagues.

NEYMAR IS OFF TO SAUDI, wow man!

I would never have watched that league, but I'm currently watching Al Ettifaq vs Al Nassr!

this is what proper recruitment does, I believe..

Back