For my eyes and ears only

Our man simply wanted to pick up a CDP for his newly acquired speakers....

till some of us convinced him to channel time & effort into the HTPC project

One thing led to another and before he knew it, he had spent over 4X his original budget (if you include the TV)

superczar said:
Our man simply wanted to pick up a CDP for his newly acquired speakers....

till some of us convinced him to channel time & effort into the HTPC project

One thing led to another and before he knew it, he had spent over 4X his original budget (if you include the TV)

And so Gmano got struck by a severe bout of upgraditis :lol:

greenhorn said:
And so Gmano got struck by a severe bout of upgraditis :lol:
cycle went like this

1.wharfedale and pulz amp and sony dvdp
2.amp upgraded to nad
3.speakers upgraded to monitor audios
4.dvd player conks out so lot of decisions to be made. finally htpc chosen
5.htpc needs monitor so why not watch movies.. hence you see a 32inch bravia added
6.all this stuff doesnt fit on the existing shelves so new cabinet you see in pics added

now you know why surfing on te is bad for your wallet :tongue:

^^^My gawd...

Poor mano.. A monitor to a 32incher Bravia!!! OMG...

mano looted royale.. Heh he.. :bleh:

j/k.. Tats an excellent setup indeed..

Table costed 10k ;) Which is actually a very good price for that (includes that l33t coffee table :eek:hyeah:)

Saiyan said:
Table costed 10k ;) Which is actually a very good price for that (includes that l33t coffee table :eek:hyeah:)

Table costed about 11k, which doesnt include the labour cost :p (The person who made the AV rack is my causin's friend, so didnt pay him much :D )

@bottle, having you guys as friends and surfing on TE costed me more than 1 lakh rupees in the past one or two months. I am going to claim damages from you guys :p

@gmano, you should give Meedios a try. Its very very good if you wanna manage your movies. I'll not say the same for music since it takes quite some time to put all the albums in place with correct thumbnails etc. The best part regarding movies is that it takes everything from IMDB, so apart from the synopsis, you get quotes, trivia, similar movies.. pretty much everything that's there on IMDB.

Plus points include ability to watch TV, browse the net, read news, see new drink recipes(ya I know you don't believe me, but its there :p) etc

After 2 hours, it was consuming around 250 mb RAM, so not that heavy also. With a remote, it'll be cherry on top of the cake :D
Wish I had a HTPC setup... sigh...

Back