For those with a Razr...

ChambeRFienD

Disciple
Well, I don't know if this has been brought up here or not, but I'll give it a shot anyways.

I have recently gotten into a new hobby. Like some people, I wasn't completely satisfied with the features of my V3 when I first got it. Sure, it was flashy looking, but mine came stock without video, a horrible theme, no ringtones, and it had all this wonderful stuff in it I actually didn't need, but couldn't get rid of. After finding out that a cable from my digital camera fit into my phone, I decided to play around. Google was my first choice when it came to research. After a bit of searching I ran into a community called Motox.info (If posting this website isn't allowed, remove it. Not completely used to the rules here).

This website had all kinds of guides and software to use for modifying Motorola Razrs (V3, V3c, V3i, V3m, V3x, etc.). Some of the things you are able to do include more free space, free ringtones, new themes, customized boot screens, custom phone icons, custom fonts, clublights (I'll explain these), free games, and much more.. You can even go as far as unlocking your phone to use it with other wireless companies.

Some of the mods I've done myself include clublights, a new case for my V3 (decided to go back to black though), custom themes, 12 icon menu, custom fonts, custom icons, custom ringtones, and debranding it from my wireless provider.

I would like to warn you that some of the modifications can be dangerous to your phone (And I have lost a Razr due to it.. Cat knocked the phone off the USB cable while I was flashing it. Oops. =x Razr without any software requires a $300+ box to fix) and I'm not sure of if there are any legal issues on this outside of the US.

Anyways, as stated above, if this link isn't allowed here, feel free to remove it and I'll just write some walkthroughs here if anyone is interested:
MotoX Forum: Motorola Modding

*As for you who wonder what clublights are, here's a video I made of clublights on my phone: YouTube - V3 Razr Club Lights

ChambeRFienD said:
I would like to warn you that some of the modifications can be dangerous to your phone (And I have lost a Razr due to it.. Cat knocked the phone off the USB cable while I was flashing it. Oops. =x Razr without any software requires a $300+ box to fix) and I'm not sure of if there are any legal issues on this outside of the US.

just a little bit of info, if ur razr gets unplugged during flashing (or if u experience a power cut) it dosent get bricked

next time that happens, press the power button with the * and # keys to get into bootloader mode (unless ur razr got disc while uploading the BL.. which basically means.. new razr lol)

if u can get into a bootloader mode with the black screen, u can still flash ur razr again with a monsterpack and itll be as good as new :hap2:

Powersurge said:
just a little bit of info, if ur razr gets unplugged during flashing (or if u experience a power cut) it dosent get bricked

next time that happens, press the power button with the * and # keys to get into bootloader mode (unless ur razr got disc while uploading the BL.. which basically means.. new razr lol)

if u can get into a bootloader mode with the black screen, u can still flash ur razr again with a monsterpack and itll be as good as new :hap2:

It was tried. First off, I couldn't see the bootloader screen because it was downgraded to 7D0, but, even when trying to view it in RSD Lite (After booting while holding * and #) I got nothing. Someone offered to use a SmartClip to fix my phone, but they wanted to charge me $30. I just sent it back to Cingular and they sent me a new one for free. =P

just so you know, the motorola modding community online, MotoModders is considered a "noob" portal..;) . but that is a good thing, its noob friendly, best place to start is there. then u can move on the the relativley complex MotoX (by that i mean, most of the members there are the ones who develop the mods themselves, so a lot of betas, and exclusives are found at MotoX)

also a good place to visit to satisfy your moto needs is Motorola @ HowardForums

Back