CPU/Mobo For you uber geeks!!!

Switch

Skilled
Found this on AT and posting it here... This should be a good enough inspiration for a Window mod and som UV's...

Hehe that board is one of the most awaited boards. It the RS480 based sapphire board (also known as grouper). Its the only board that has the potential to be a DFI killer. It supports 4V vdimm without jumpers. Seemingly there'll be a crossfire version of that board out soon as well.

I don't find anything so special. It has only 2 PCI slots and one PCIe slot. And is it based on the Ati Xpress 200 chipset or what ??

Could someone give me more links to that?? What are the features, etc.....

Well, read more here : http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.aspx?i=2481

This was the first look at the motherboard way back in November (the board was internally known as "Bullhead" back then as well) : http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2269

Like Chaos said, this is a pure enthusiast overclocking board and could give the DFI nForce boards a real run for their money! If the DFI gets your adrenaline pumping, this should double that feeling :D

Anandtech's initial testing with this board has shown it to perform right up there with the top boards in everything including Overclocking! The interesting fact is, this is supposed to be a "reference" board , i.e. the basic framework that most other manufacturers will copy or further enhance. Overclocking among other things arent the strong points of just about any reference board. Considering this 'reference board' manages it with ease, just think how much better the standard production boards with this chipset would be! A DFI based on this would definately rock :hap2:

I only wonder why they took so long to bring it to market :huh:, considering Anandtech themselves could test out a sample way back in November. nForce4s would have barely had a market share had that happened.

The answer is simple, Eddy. It's based on the ever so "punctual" in delivering what they promised - ATi. But have to admit. The board is pleasing to the eye.

Ati's older chipset for the A64 was also a great oc'er in reference form.What became of it?Only MSI has a board on that chipset and one that didn't oc at all.

Back