Forgot Vista Ultimate Password: Save me

akiso

Disciple
Can anybody save me from formatting the C drive. My friend forgot the password he gave in the vista ultimate. Need quick solution. Their is a reset password option in the vista it id not working when I inserted floppy.

How to get the admin option in the vista? :mad:

Had it been Xp it would had been lefthand work? :)

u can reset the password provided u had made the password reset disk at the time of the installation or before this event. Then u might had reset the password to the one u had given in the password reset disk. And one more thing it can be done on the flash drive also.

Any other option right now dont know any. but google!!! :)

Hey Men got a solution, this works. ;) for sure!!!!!!!!

Get the Active@Boot Disk, it is an ISO file. (Google it). :)
It consist of two ISO types--> GUI and Dos
GUI is 128MB
Dos is 9MB

Both the types have the same function and same procedure only the interface is different. What it does is that it removes the password and the next time u boot u are able to enter the OS without any login or password.

Download any of the ISO and burn it as bootable file in a CDROM.

Next boot the PC from the CDROM. and follow the steps.
(I am explaining the DOS mode, it is much better) GUI is same.

1. First screen u will get is
pictA0.gif

Choose option 1 (Logical drive)

2. Second Screen
pictA1.gif

Choose the drive where your OS is installed.

3. Choose the Local users from the list
Screen_4.gif

NB: Here u r choose the user, whose login password u have forgot and not the administrator. Suppose if the user name was "Andrew" then select the no. assigned to the name, but if u want u can clear the admin password also. :)

4. User account information
Screen_5.gif

Here by default two option are selected
Password never expires
Clear this user's password
So just press Y button

5. Password Resetted
Screen_8.gif

Password is resetted

Take the CD out and press ESC repeatedly untill u reach the null screen. Restart the machine. u r done the password will be cleared.

Have checked it in Windows Vista Ultimate, it worked and it will work for other OS also. :hap2:

WOW!!!! it worked :eek:hyeah:
Millions of thanks, I am completely screwed up :no: their was no option for me but to format.

U r life saver buddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111 :hap2: :D

This solution need to be sticked if the admin wants.

Back