Format phone

nRiTeCh

Skilled
I want to HARD Reset my phone but before that have some queries.

My N70ME came with pre-instaled applications like Symantec, Adobe, office, Yahoo and similar such softwares and ofcourse many games.

So, everything that has been installed after the first use of the phone is deleted! It will recover the memory of the phone to the state you purchased it! Does that means that the above mentioned stuff will remain unaffected that i got with phone? if not, then how to backup them all??

Also, should the Mem card reside in the phone or is it fine to remove it.
and how long can the format process take.

I suggest you to install PC Suite and from phone software updater tool, get your firmware upgraded from Nokia PC Upgrade advisor. your phone will be like hard reset one and make sure to take backup of ur sms or contacts

When you format your phone you lose everything in the phone memory. This includes applications that were installed in phone memory. All the applications that were installed in memory card will work fine.

It is better to remove the memory card while formatting the phone and take backup of ur contacts and calender. Formatting usually take a minute or more.

archish said:
When you format your phone you lose everything in the phone memory. This includes applications that were installed in phone memory. All the applications that were installed in memory card will work fine.

It is better to remove the memory card while formatting the phone and take backup of ur contacts and calender. Formatting usually take a minute or more.

ya i agree but most apps refer to phone memory to store their regestry and sll entries even if they r stored in card.. so if u format phone n not card, u cannot run many apps like smart movie player,lcg juke box and many softwares

for smart movie u need to install the codecs alone. But majority will work...it will work as though u have installed them newly...i.e all old settings will be lost.

archish said:

Thx, if it taks one minute to reset/format it, then why it is advisable the cell to be fully charged.

Also, i agree but what about the mentioend applications which came FACTORY Loaded on my phone??? Even they'll get deleted?? They are all NOKIA REGISTERED.

it is advisable as if u are low on battery then u may screw up your phone...but I have done formatting on 6630 with 2 points battery left...

for the app..if they are installed in phone memory then u will lose them....which app are u referring btw?? real player n all??? they wont get removed....

archish said:
it is advisable as if u are low on battery then u may screw up your phone...but I have done formatting on 6630 with 2 points battery left...

for the app..if they are installed in phone memory then u will lose them....which app are u referring btw?? real player n all??? they wont get removed....

Ok.

I'm referring to applications which came bundled with the phone...Office, Adobe, Games, Nortan antivirus..and so on. Shall we assume that they were pre-loaded in the factory itself n wont get wiped after formatting???

Back