Forza Horizon 4 will be delisted from Microsoft stores and Steam in December

nullpc

Disciple

Had a lot of fond memories playing this throughout lockdown, lotsa fun going through many seasons. Got the Ultimate Edition for 499 now on Steam and booted it up again. Still gives me goosebumps hearing A Moment Apart in the intro screen.

FH5 didn’t have the same level of impact for me unfortunately. I hope Playground Games will revisit what made this game so special for their next title (really hope it’s in Japan this time!).

Playground has run the horizon formula to the ground now, for me FH5 was more of FH4 which in turn was more of FH3, Forza series has been really bland these days aside from graphics, they need to figure out something else, because horizon and even Forza in general is ****ing boring

Playground has run the horizon formula to the ground now, for me FH5 was more of FH4 which in turn was more of FH3, Forza series has been really bland these days aside from graphics, they need to figure out something else, because horizon and even Forza in general is ****ing boring
Huh, I don’t agree with that (at least for FH4). It was plenty fun for a long while and online was also fun. I felt this for FH5 because while the map felt huge, it also felt empty compared to FH4 and I didn’t find anything more interesting besides some graphical improvements (no RT was a bummer still). Plus the vibes, music felt lackluster.

But then again, IDK, someone might tell me I’m wrong for saying FH5 is not great.

I do wish for more Most Wanted kinda story+mechanics which I don’t think we’ve been blessed with in a long while.

due to licensing and partner agreements

Any idea if it is just music licenses, or the models of the cars also? because if it is just music, then they should just replace it with royalty free chillhop and it would be a better result for all.

Any idea if it is just music licenses, or the models of the cars also? because if it is just music, then they should just replace it with royalty free chillhop and it would be a better result for all.

I think it's about the cars. Hot Wheels DLC is not available for download anymore for example.

Huh, I don’t agree with that (at least for FH4). It was plenty fun for a long while and online was also fun. I felt this for FH5 because while the map felt huge, it also felt empty compared to FH4 and I didn’t find anything more interesting besides some graphical improvements (no RT was a bummer still). Plus the vibes, music felt lackluster.

But then again, IDK, someone might tell me I’m wrong for saying FH5 is not great.
I think its more like I played FH3, which FH4 was really similar too and you played FH4 which FH5 is really similar too, so both of us got our best game bias : D

I do wish for more Most Wanted kinda story+mechanics which I don’t think we’ve been blessed with in a long while.
Heat is your best bet for that but it didnt capture the charm of MW, unbound is decent but its infuriating in its mechanics.
Never Played them.. but thinking of getting it for my Steam Deck.. Should i spend 250 for base game or 500 for ultimate ?
just pirate if you can or make sure you are getting those car DLCs with ultimate, because playground games does remove DLCs for new buyers once car licences expire

so both of us got our best game bias : D

XD

Heat is your best bet for that but it didnt capture the charm of MW, unbound is decent but its infuriating in its mechanics.

I have Heat in my library, the mechanics felt weird but I'll give it one more shot. I really liked the vibes in NFS'15 and they had something going on but story/objectives didn't live up to expectations.

just pirate if you can or make sure you are getting those car DLCs with ultimate

Only Hot Wheels pack is missing AFAIK from Ultimate, everything else is included. I hope Hot Wheels changes their mind between now and Dec.
wait you are saying i will not be able to play lego or the london dlc after the game gets delisted?
Lego is available in Ult AFAIK. Only Hot Wheels pack is not present.

XD

I have Heat in my library, the mechanics felt weird but I'll give it one more shot. I really liked the vibes in NFS'15 and they had something going on but story/objectives didn't live up to expectations.

Only Hot Wheels pack is missing AFAIK from Ultimate, everything else is included. I hope Hot Wheels changes their mind between now and Dec.

Lego is available in Ult AFAIK. Only Hot Wheels pack is not present.
When you talk about licensing, Lego and Mattel comes first to mind followed by music and car licenses. I would assume the major content will disappear after the license expires and thus it is better to sail the high seas.

wait you are saying i will not be able to play lego or the london dlc after the game gets delisted?
no, you already have it in your library, so you can keep it, its for new buyers iirc, dunno I might be wrong but I did read about it when microsoft released forza games on steam.
yeah mechanics are definitely way too "Arcady", specially drift ones, but its police chases are fire, that I can confirm, also its a slog at the beginning, you'll only have fun once you hit car level 220-250
Will the game stay in library at least?
After it is delisted? Means we can reinstall anytime, right?
yeah you can, no issues for existing buyers

Back