Camera Found an old Sony Cybershot DSC-W5 in cupboard, need help for testing it.

Saaz

Recruit
So, while sorting out an almirah with my father, I found an old Sony Cybershot DSC-W5 there. It might be around 15 years old at this point. I wanted to test it, but sadly I didn't have any batteries for it.
I looked into the manual online to find which type of battery it takes. But I wasn't able to find the batteries mentioned in the manual in stock anywhere.
I got some results for some duracell and Eveready batteries, but I'm not sure if they will be compatible.

So, can anyone please help me in finding which batteries will be compatible with it, so that I can buy them.
I haven't checked in local market yet, if anyone knows which batteries are available in local market as well, like the brand and model then please do tell.

Thanks.

Some images of the camera and manual

any high capacity alkaline batteries for testing:
del.jpg

and rechargeable ones for long term use:
del.jpg

Does the manual show battery as NP-BG1
On the sony international website it showed as NP-BG1, but when I asked my father, he told it uses batteries similar to the ones we use in remotes.
So then I checked on sony india website, where I found another manual, where it showed the AA batteries I posted in the pics.

What you are mentioning (NP-BG1) and what your dad remembers (AA) are totally different battery types. Post the picture of battery compartment to clear the confusion.
I know they are different, I checked online.
I have attached the picture of manual where is shows that it takes AA battery. Please swipe in the imgur link.
I can also post a picture of the compartment when I reach home.

Just remembered and brought back old memories. These still take excellent pictures but never used it and I think I had kept it for nostalgia. The battery is Lithium ion.

sony cybrshot.jpeg

BTW don't use Duracell instead use energizer. Duracell has a bad reputation of leaking.

BTW don't use Duracell instead use energizer. Duracell has a bad reputation of leaking
Thanks for the info.

Do you know any place online where I can buy the Energizer rechargeable batteries. I am only able to find the normal ones on Amazon and other sites.

Thanks everyone, I was able to get the camera to start. Although, it's a bit hard to use, because the battery port seems loose. Might be the size of battery or something to do with the age of the camera.
I have to keep the battery port pressed with my hands for it to work.

Now, just go to learn how to use the camera, all the modes and such.

Back