Four wheeler license query.....

irfanlai

Adept
Hi,

I want to get 4 wheeler learner license and then Permanent license on my own (No agents). I know they will make me run here and there as I have experience when I had made my 2 wheeler license at Tradeo RTO few years back.

Now have some doubts.
-What is the process in Tardeo and Vashi RTO for learner license
-How much time I will have to waste there
-On which Saturday are they Off
-Anybody's recent experience to share

For both LLR and Getting License you need to go Via a 'driving institue'.
It dosn't matter you got training from them or not.

For both LLR and Getting License you need to go Via a 'driving institue'.
It dosn't matter you got training from them or not.

Are you sure? coz I spoke to one RTO agent in Tradeo and he said he will take Rs 1300 for learning and Permanent.

One cannot go and obtain a license or LLR for himself . The formality is you need to come from a driving school and they apply LLR and License for you.
Agents will do this and show papers as you were taught driving from a driving school.
You don't get to see those paper. If you have a chance please do.

I'm planning to apply for 4 wheeler license does it anyways requires you know to drive 2 wheeler ?

Ok...Will check and update the thread.

As far as I know for learning you need to give the sign test to the officer and you get the learning license.

if you feel adventurous and want a sense of satisfaction , go ahead and do it on your own , might be a hassle but you will get it , theres no such rule as you have to come through schools

if you are strapped for time and want to go the other route , go the school way

You can apply online. You do have too visit the RTO for data verification and to take a photograph but the queue for online registrations is different than the normal applicants.
Check here and search for more links/pages for further info.
http://archive.techtree.com/techtree/jsp/article.jsp?article_id=100019&cat_id=547

I recently applied for a learning license and went through the driving school to avoid any hassle, but you can do it yourself, agents are not required. In case you get stuck anywhere in the process at the RTO be prepared for the delay though. Go as early as you can to avoid the Driving School applicants and their agents getting in your way.

The office is most probably closed on 2nd and 4th Saturday.
Do update here once you are done as it will be helpful for people trying to apply without agents. Good Luck.

Back