Franchising doubts and help needed

Hmm instead of Investing on something big like starting franchises for Subway or MCD's cant we just have small outlest like the burgerman ? another example is Pettawrap which we have here locally which sells healthy wraps at reasonable price and they are all over chennai.

wouldnt that be more safe and profitable?

Mr and Mrs idly also started with same format and now they are rocking
<

Hmm instead of Investing on something big like starting franchises for Subway or MCD's cant we just have small outlest like the burgerman ? another example is Pettawrap which we have here locally which sells healthy wraps at reasonable price and they are all over chennai.

Yes, you can. A small example is Bombay Burger here in Chembur near the station. Burgers start @10bucks for veg and 20 for n.veg. They have expanded to include another outlet in Thane and were planning another outlet in navi mumbai. There were plans for ghatkopar too, but the demands were too high for my friend.

I think you are missing the whole reason behind franchising !

We take a franchise of a well known brand, because the chances of failure, goes very low, (Location is the biggest factor here)

Preparation ,Prices, Menu, decor, is set, ! We also get Access to proprietary methods used in the business,a ready-made business or marketing plan to follow,ready-made ads, brochures, and other sales and marketing aids

It is far easier to investigate a known entity than a start-up. You can speak with other franchisees in the system. If you conduct your research discreetly, they will provide you with insight about the specific business.

I think you are missing the whole reason behind franchising !

We take a franchise of a well known brand, because the chances of failure, goes very low, (Location is the biggest factor here)

Preparation ,Prices, Menu, decor, is set, ! We also get Access to proprietary methods used in the business,a ready-made business or marketing plan to follow,ready-made ads, brochures, and other sales and marketing aids

It is far easier to investigate a known entity than a start-up. You can speak with other franchisees in the system. If you conduct your research discreetly, they will provide you with insight about the specific business.

Actually, dont get so carried away. A Pizza Hut near my house shut sometime back. In its place a Kotak Mahindra Bank has come.

#Pat do you know when it got shut?

Yes, i agree they get shut sometimes!

but most of the time its because of bad location or bad management

Pizza hut is a premium place and not every locality is a good place for it! Proper research is essential for setting up of something like this!

My brother and i intend to set something up in 3-4 years, and there isnt a week where we dont discuss abt this topic! neither of us have the money for this ATM, but once we reach the position, we wont have to wait
<

Ok this thread is of interest to me as I plan to quit my job in a couple of years and start a low-cost fast food joint. But rather than being a franchisee, I'd rather want to start my own thing and provide fresh food at decent prices.

I am thinking of mainly a carry-out type of place with a small seating space and self-serve model. Also, the food will be sort of texmex food (not unlike chipotle). I have seen indian folk here prefer mexican food a lot (of course, after indian food) and I think chipotle is preferred over taco bell.

So do you think mex food might work in India?

^^ Anything with quality and consistency will sell, as long you can establish good QC measures, you should be good. When you master this, you can charge your price, and people will pay.

^I think Faasos already does wraps (similar to burritos in a way) but I thought their food was Meh.. the last time I had had it. The problem is they have a HUGE menu which doesn't work very well in fast-food biz. Also, contrary to their claims, the food wasn't really fresh. I am thinking of limited options with the ability to customize each order according to taste by mixing up ingredients. Just need to come up with a biz plan to pitch to investors
<

^I think Faasos already does wraps (similar to burritos in a way) but I thought their food was Meh.. the last time I had had it. The problem is they have a HUGE menu which doesn't work very well in fast-food biz. Also, contrary to their claims, the food wasn't really fresh. I am thinking of limited options with the ability to customize each order according to taste by mixing up ingredients. Just need to come up with a biz plan to pitch to investors
<

Your plan seems to be good, when you are planning to kick off ??? please do open it soon, so that i can get some review from your side
<

Back