frankmehta gets® an AV Receiver: The Denon AVR 1910

This purchase was planned for much later (2 months down the line, after shifting to our new crib), but then suddenly there was this MASSIVE offer on GEB (Global Easy Buy) where, for 12 hours, one could order whatever he/she wanted and shipping/processing/customs duties/commissions etc. would be waived off. As SOON as this offer was announced, the first thing I did was to search for a receiver. Bought it within 10 minutes of browsing. Had a tough time explaining my purchase to Dad, but eventually he just nodded. Since I was anyways going to buy this receiver, but we got it for much cheaper.

Presenting to you, the Denon AVR 1910. Reason for preferring the 1910 was obvious. Better video processing and analog upscaling. My Tata Sky + gives out component video, which can be upscaled. Initial reviews show a marked improvement in PQ but sound could not be judged well as I haven't yet picked up speakers for it. Wired my OLD Sony HiFi speakers to it. Don't like the output one bit. Absolutely dead. Goes to show that this amplifier is not for powering ALL speakers and an Active Sub is a MUST.

But, one cannot judge an amplifier by using inferior speakers, so it's a wait and watch situation when the new ones come in.

Cheers!!

PS: Couldn't check PS3 quality since I don't have 2 HDMI cables. ALSO, I want to pass a Digital Out from Tata Sky +, but don't know which cable to buy for it. Please help.

P1060012DesktopResolution.jpg

P1060014DesktopResolution.jpg

P1060015DesktopResolution.jpg

P1060016DesktopResolution.jpg

P1060018DesktopResolution.jpg

P1060019DesktopResolution.jpg

P1060020DesktopResolution.jpg

P1060021DesktopResolution.jpg

P1060022DesktopResolution.jpg

P1060023DesktopResolution.jpg

P1060024DesktopResolution.jpg

P1060025DesktopResolution.jpg

P1060026DesktopResolution.jpg

P1060027DesktopResolution.jpg

P1060028DesktopResolution.jpg

P1060029DesktopResolution.jpg

P1060030DesktopResolution.jpg

P1060031DesktopResolution.jpg

P1060032DesktopResolution.jpg

P1060033DesktopResolution.jpg

P1060034DesktopResolution.jpg

P1060036DesktopResolution.jpg

P1060037DesktopResolution.jpg

P1060038DesktopResolution.jpg

P1060042DesktopResolution.jpg

35k and thereabouts I'm guessing?

Killer buy! Comes with Anchor Bay's upscaling chip - one of the better ones in the market. :)

Frankmehta® desperately needs to manage all that clutter and get better speakers lol. xD

congrats:)
Those speakers have to go.

BTW notice how the matte screen lcd holds up quite well to the camera flash,a plasma would have looked washed out.

but then suddenly there was this MASSIVE offer on GEB (Global Easy Buy) where, for 12 hours, one could order whatever he/she wanted and shipping/processing/customs duties/commissions etc. would be waived off.
say what :O

toxicdrift said:
kiler buy frank... whats the price like.! also u might want to make space for ur dvd player :)

Hi mate. I shall announce the price in the next reply :eek:hyeah:

As for the DVD player, it's passe now, no? No more DVD's. Just High definition files or (worst case scenario) DivX rips from the (forthcoming) Sidewinder Xtreamer (the new one) and BLURAY from the good ole' PS3, of course!

Desecrator said:
35k and thereabouts I'm guessing?

Killer buy! Comes with Anchor Bay's upscaling chip - one of the better ones in the market. :)

Frankmehta® desperately needs to manage all that clutter and get better speakers lol. xD

The price is, WAIT FOR IT............................. all of Rupees Twenty Three Thousand ONLY!!! :bleh:

And yes, the ABT chip onboard does a good (not stellar) job.

As for the clutter, yes, I am moving to a new crib and there's an entire part of the house dedicated for this equipment. Wanna have a look at the 3D diagram, as to how it's going to look??

Have a look at this!

View attachment 10422

adder said:
congrats:)

Those speakers have to go.

BTW notice how the matte screen lcd holds up quite well to the camera flash,a plasma would have looked washed out.

Yes mate, these speakers are here for the next month or two. I really disliked this system from the DAY we got it. Those were the days when we would just see two factors: A> It was a Sony and B> Watts PMPO. LOL.

As for the Matte screen, yes, this screen just doesn't reflect a single ray of sunlight even when watching it in the middle of the day with light coming from the back, sides and front!!

blr_p said:
say what :O

All of 12 hours. Managed to looT EBay for JUST one thing! :mad:

All of 12 hours. Managed to look EBay for JUST one thing! :mad:
HA! yeah, what an excellent way to mess with an adult's mind. Don't you just love pressure sales :D

They have subliminally programmed you now to keep things in your wishlist. And you're gonna do it for the rest of your life :eek:hyeah:

You did well (i think), must have been a tough 12 hours.

20k ?

I feel like a loser spending 28k on my current receiver.

Not really, I am happy with the receiver.

But seriously, congrats...that's a sweet price for a good product.

Congratulations on looting frank, amazing buy at an even more amazing price, but why is the sound, so if the sound is dead then what active sub you planning to get and what about the speakers.

congrats bro

btw these days a topic like - frankmehta gets something something . . . . . is common

i hope i can also create these types of topics some day

blr_p said:
First hit is on the house....

What's first hit?? :huh:

Desecrator said:
Holy crap 20k is sweet! :O

22 k. 1.4 k for the Step down transformer.

raptor3624 said:
Denon?Sweet!

Even you new cribs seems to be awesome, by the looks of the picture.

Thank you mate. I just changed the entire design. Waiting for the final 3D drawing to happen. Will post it here soon!

Sudarshan_SMD said:
Congratulations :)

You have got awesome setup.

Thank you!

alcy said:
20k ?

I feel like a loser spending 28k on my current receiver.

Not really, I am happy with the receiver.

But seriously, congrats...that's a sweet price for a good product.

No mate. Offer happened. So it happened. Or else was going to spend 38k for the SAME damn thing!

Tech_enthu said:
Congratulations on looting frank, amazing buy at an even more amazing price, but why is the sound, so if the sound is dead then what active sub you planning to get and what about the speakers.

I will post details about it soon!

ashvarybabul said:
congratsss...

BTW ye karta kya hai..:rofl:

I am doing my Masters in Pediatric Dentistry :)

swastikrj said:
congrats bro

btw these days a topic like - frankmehta gets something something . . . . . is common

i hope i can also create these types of topics some day

LOL. I guess it has to stop sometime..... OR........... frankmehta gets ® a new home in the Slums ;-)

frankmehta said:
What's first hit?? :huh:
A druggie reference. You got the first 'hit' for free.

Meaning they waived all those charges for you, to get you hooked into their global buy program. You ordered, it arrived, without any hitches. You've told loads of ppl about the sweet deal you got. All good pub for the global buy prgram. Doubtless others that also took advantage of the same deal did the same.

You might be less hesitant, in the future, to try global buy out for something else.

Back