Audio frankmehta needs® a Home Theatre System ;-)

Hi everyone! I am back to badger. AGAIN!

I am doing up my new house this summer, and my hall (20*15 feet) is where I am planning to splurge a little and do a nice entertainment system up.

My setup will be:

1. a 46" or a 50" Full HD TV (not decided which one, but my present Sony Bravia W 200 has blown less than 2 years after buying it, so looking for a good replacement. The Samsung Series 6 LED backlit screen looks a good candidate. Maybe that, or a nice 46" Pana FULL HD LCD)

2. Source: The Xtreamer will be doing the hard work here. FLAC and MKV (read 'uncompressed') data will be fed to the system.

3. Receiver: Couldn't pass off an OH SO YUMMY deal on the Denon AVR-1910 so have ALREADY BOUGHT IT.

4. Speakers: NOW, this is where I want your advice. HOW to go about it? I want to sit and listen to some good music, but also want to watch a lot of movies and TV. I'd like some floor thumping bass to go with the music/movies please.

Floorstanders + Satellites + Active subwoofer is what I think is the norm here.

Coming to the crux of it all, is the fact that I have already spent about 20 k out of the allocated 80-100k budget. SO I have 60-80k to spare for the floorstanders + satellites + subwoofer. I know this is a PATHETIC budget, but clearly this time, there are lots of other priorities. WHAT can we get?

PS: The wiring has been done already. The cable used is Sommer 16 ga speaker cable.

Back