Fraud use of my adhaar. Need help if anyone from mumbai

Hey everyone,
I need your help regarding a call i got from fedex today.The call was automated , summarizing the details of a parcel.There was an option to connect to the customer care which i did.
The shocker is , a parcel is going out from mumbai to iran using my adhaar.The parcel was intercepted by customs and it was prepaid

The Parcel contents they say are:
5 kg of clothes and 120 shades of lsd(drugs)

Things to mention here:
1.Can't determine if the call was legit but the call was automated first and then customer care did provide me with the details of the parcel and told me that i need to raise a complaint in cyber crime.
2. She told me that she will transfer the call to cyber crime mumbai to which i need to convey the details and report this
3. I have never even used an international shipping or anything
4. After talking to the connected call cyber crime of mumbai , i gave them the information i was given . He was asking abt where i worked ,what's my profession, the bank balance of my current account and see if there is any deduction.

How do i approach the situation here, please share your insights.Anyone from mumbai can help?

Damn, the girl i talked to seemed professional at what she was was doing. Had me fooled
Its a spam call, chill and relax, Next time they call, tell them to get lost.

I told them my account balance tho, they were not happy i guess . Once she transferred the call, that's when it became fishy as the guy had some wakie talkie background sound in a loop running to make it genuine

It's an ongoing scam.

I also got such call but supposedly from TRI, they said they'll discontinue my number in next 4 hours unless I do this and that.
They're so convincing that it took me 30 minutes to understand that it was a scam.

Beware people, scammers are getting smarter day by day.

Hey everyone,
I need your help regarding a call i got from fedex today.The call was automated , summarizing the details of a parcel.There was an option to connect to the customer care which i did.
The shocker is , a parcel is going out from mumbai to iran using my adhaar.The parcel was intercepted by customs and it was prepaid

The Parcel contents they say are:
5 kg of clothes and 120 shades of lsd(drugs)

Things to mention here:
1.Can't determine if the call was legit but the call was automated first and then customer care did provide me with the details of the parcel and told me that i need to raise a complaint in cyber crime.
2. She told me that she will transfer the call to cyber crime mumbai to which i need to convey the details and report this
3. I have never even used an international shipping or anything
4. After talking to the connected call cyber crime of mumbai , i gave them the information i was given . He was asking abt where i worked ,what's my profession, the bank balance of my current account and see if there is any deduction.

How do i approach the situation here, please share your insights.Anyone from mumbai can help?
I get many fedex calls, always disconnect it quickly. Recently got a call from cybercrime division about some darkweb nonsense. All automated calls initially.
But thanks, now i know what they might have said if i did not hung up. Was curious ... :)

God knows wtf trai/telecom companies are doing. It shouldn't be hard to go after them assuming mobile connection has kyc ? Jail mein dalo.

These days latest one is call from Telecom Authority saying your mobile number will get barred as verification issue is there.
Press number 1 for blah, blah, those guys really jittered me initially since my number is in intnl roaming and thought I violated some trai norms by mistake or somebody misused my number.

Damn, the girl i talked to seemed professional at what she was was doing. Had me fooled

I told them my account balance tho, they were not happy i guess . Once she transferred the call, that's when it became fishy as the guy had some wakie talkie background sound in a loop running to make it genuine
  1. First of all stop talking further over phone call with anyone if /heshe is calling from Unknown Number and you think it's not relevant to you.
  2. Never trust unknown person nor personally or over phone call.
  3. Stop drooling as soon as came to know that there is sweet speaking Female on other end.
  4. Block the Number as soon as possible, download TrueCaller and keep using for next few days/weeks.
Precaution is Better Than Cure

This FedEx one is quite familiar and an older modus operandi of the scamsters. It is better to avoid calls from most unknown numbers. Another one is a fake India Post SMS message regarding parcel delivery with a link.

Airtel has at least taken baby steps with regards to pesky calls with some being marked as 'Suspected Spam' and 'Promotional Call'. No idea about other carriers and no clue what TRAI does to combat the extreme menace.

@Emperor
Don't think it's about other gender thing, it is the authenticity and seriousness they portray which make victim believe fake callers are real initially. They exploit victim's inner insecurity, unsuspecting naive nature.
Now the problem is that, even if you get a real call, you will tend to mistrust.

Used to get real confused while receiving calls from bank giving my real name and some details (not in India) and about some monetary law violation, etc. Scamsters are good at convincing unsuspecting victims.

Now another insecurity is that I used to talk initially and later shout at them when they are exposed. Stopped doing it, considering we are living in AI age, what if these effers record and exploit our voice !

Last edited:
@Emperor
Don't think it's about other gender thing, it is the authenticity and seriousness they portray which make victim believe fake callers are real initially. They exploit victim's inner insecurity, unsuspecting naive nature.
Now the problem is that, even if you get a real call, you will tend to mistrust.

Used to get real confused while receiving calls from bank giving my real name and some details (not in India) and about some monetary law violation, etc. Scamsters are good at convincing unsuspecting victims.
yes agree with you about Gender, but most of male get lured by Females (please do not misunderstand ... not coloring all females bad but try to understand my point) in such cyber/phone call crimes .

It's an ongoing scam.

I also got such call but supposedly from TRI, they said they'll discontinue my number in next 4 hours unless I do this and that.
They're so convincing that it took me 30 minutes to understand that it was a scam.

Beware people, scammers are getting smarter day by day.
Yeah ,the calls are getting pretty convincing day by day
I got three of those calls just yesterday. They might be getting desperate or are running out of people to scam.
The so called cyber crime guy couldn't take it take anymore and disconnected the call after getting annoyed
I get many fedex calls, always disconnect it quickly. Recently got a call from cybercrime division about some darkweb nonsense. All automated calls initially.
But thanks, now i know what they might have said if i did not hung up. Was curious ... :)

God knows wtf trai/telecom companies are doing. It shouldn't be hard to go after them assuming mobile connection has kyc ? Jail mein dalo.
These could be some kind of non traceable call as these numbers can't be called back
  1. First of all stop talking further over phone call with anyone if /heshe is calling from Unknown Number and you think it's not relevant to you.
  2. Never trust unknown person nor personally or over phone call.
  3. Stop drooling as soon as came to know that there is sweet speaking Female on other end.
  4. Block the Number as soon as possible, download TrueCaller and keep using for next few days/weeks.
Precaution is Better Than Cure
I actually never had heard abt getting an automated call which would turn out to be a scam. Abt the female tho, she was not a sweet talker at all .
Will try truecaller for a few week

Next time tell them that you are a bangldeshi hiding in India having no valid aadhar, pan or even a rationing card and instead ask for their help if they could help you exit the country via dunki route.. and then grab some popcorn!

Of course only a girl/woman will sound attractive seductive and not a man!

Do share such numbers here publicly so that people are more aware on that part and rather than getting panic they will enjoy the moment!
That what I did when I exposed ICICI life insurance scam and then people got aware of the phone nu. sequence.

I can help harass such spammers in return so they themselves start getting scammed.
I got a similar call from passport office, I just told them to send a cop to arrest me in my home
Esp. next time tell them that you are a terrorists hiding in India with an Iranian passport!

Last edited:
Next time tell them that you are a bangldeshi hiding in India having no valid aadhar, pan or even a rationing card and instead ask for their help if they could help you exit the country via dunki route.. and then grab some popcorn!

Of course only a girl/woman will sound attractive seductive and not a man!
Lmao, so what happened was they called me saying that they're from passport office and stating that I have a criminal charge sheet linking to my passport. At first I was confused and asked about the charges, they relucted to saying any further before some verification. They stated my full name and passport number, which I confirmed was correct and then they asked my aadhar card number, to which I refused to share. Then the lady in the phone gave me an ultimatum to have me arrested to which I said "I would rather have a policeman visit my home and arrest me", then she repeated herself and so did I.

She cut the call.

I then proceeded to local police station and told them the situation and we all had a laugh, unfortunately they said that atleast 5 members from the locality shared their details the very same week to scam calls.

I have received all of the above calls over the past few months. The Fedex call and Dept of Telecommunication call is usually a pre-recorded message, followed by a choice to connect to some human. In the past I used to disconnect the calls immediately. Nowadays, I put myself on mute and let the call continue for as long as possible, just to waste their time, and then block the number.
Unfortunately, I don't see this trend going down, as there is always some uninformed person who takes the bait, and that is enough for all the efforts these scamsters make.

Back