Free DropShip offer from US first 1kg free - Till 31st DEC 2012

veer_singh

Adept
Good for thanksgiving deals :)

HopShopGo Free 1KG Shipping to India from U.S.

Shop from U.S. online stores for the latest fashion apparel, accessories and electronic gadgets. Much Lower Prices Much Wider Selection. HopShopGo will deliver to your doorstep at the lowest international shipping rates. Plus, from now till 31st December, enjoy 1st kg off your international shipping charges and an express delivery upgrade.
Promo Code: PPLNOV10
HopShopGo: Free 1KG Shipping to India from U.S. (eBay company)

Shop from U.S. online stores for the latest fashion apparel, accessories and electronic gadgets!

Try at your own risk
:ashamed:

chatted with them
on a 3 kg item normal fees are
$20.5 for first half kg and $3.25 for all other half kg so $20.5 + 3.25 *5
but with promotion
its 3.25*4 + fuel surcharge 14% on ll amount ($20.5+3.25*5)and not promotional amount + duty and taxes by fedex
And i hate fedex they charge too much

Ylep, got the same reply. Its a one time offer. How to get clarification on duty and charges from fedex? As Free DropShipFree DropShip, said they cannot help me on this.
I got a wd 4tb nas for a friend @200$. Now he backed out and I am stuck with it. Any idea what will be the duty for this ? Shipping, since this is 6 lbs, I will be charged for 4kgs or around 20$, after first 1kg off - I chatted with them earlier for shipping charges.
Update : spoke to fedex, - they too are not clear on customs duty. Sir, we can inform you once the item reaches India and gets to customs. We will clear it AND then inform you of the charges to be paid. :-/
How to deal with these stupid customer care ppl?

chatted with them
on a 3 kg item normal fees are
$20.5 for first half kg and $3.25 for all other half kg so $20.5 + 3.25 *5
but with promotion
its 3.25*4 + fuel surcharge 14% on ll amount ($20.5+3.25*5)and not promotional amount + duty and taxes by fedex
And i hate fedex they charge too much

But you have the option to declare the value of the item and type of item right?

But you have the option to declare the value of the item and type of item right?
agreed , so need to find a heavy item above 4kg to take proper advantage , like laptop . But already took a laptop from cowboom . Cowboom has started using Amazon payments and its a good option instead of waiting for ishop quote for smaller items

Sorry for OT but are there any reliable freight forwarders which have option of buying items from Canadian websites and forwarding to India.

@varkey are you aware of any stupid thing like road permit encountered with this? DHL is the only one who is asking for this outrageous thing. They aren't even ready to accept a change in address as they want an authorisation from the sender (comgateway)

Last edited by a moderator:
varkey are you aware of any stupid thing like road permit encountered with this? DHL is the only one who is asking for this outrageous thing. They aren't even ready to accept a change in address as they want an authorisation from the sender (comgateway)

Road permit? Nope, where is the final destination?

I remember submitting some docs to BlueDart with some state specific form (Kerala) for a domestic shipment, but it was through Surface mode.
Why would they need a road permit for shipment send via Air mode?

They are referring to the Form 39 for shipments INTO Uttar Pradesh. God knows why only DHL has to pay for this, I have never done this once all this while. HopShopGo is showing attitude in changing the delivery address to Delhi. Looks like a deadlock now.

@varkey and others
I need some help here, i have a 4 TB NAS device purchased , lying in US, any idea what will be the duty on the same - [h=1]Western Digital My Book Live Duo 4 TB,External (WDBVHT0040JCH-NESN[/h]

- - - Updated - - -
@varkey and others
I need some help here, i have a 4 TB NAS device purchased , lying in US, any idea what will be the duty on the same - [h=1]Western Digital My Book Live Duo 4 TB,External (WDBVHT0040JCH-NESN[/h]

chetansha : External storage devices come in the 16.8% duty category i believe. How much did you pay for it?

200 us $

So if i Use the above 1 Kg off offer, it will be like 25$ for shipping, + 33$ for customs. Is there anyway i can contact fedex in advance and confirm the duty thing ? I dont want to be surprised / shocked once it comes to India

200 us $

So if i Use the above 1 Kg off offer, it will be like 25$ for shipping, + 33$ for customs. Is there anyway i can contact fedex in advance and confirm the duty thing ? I dont want to be surprised / shocked once it comes to India

No, they will clear the shipment, and will call you before delivery I guess. (But you can declare the item properly with the amount you want in HopShopGo, so it should be cleared accordingly)

- - - Updated - - -

So if I order an item weighing 1.5 lbs, I won't have to pay any shipping fees? Just the surcharge and customs?

You will have to pay Fuel Surcharge (which is calculated on the non discounted shipping amount) around 3-4$, insurance at 0.65% of the declared value.

Customs at the time of delivery to DHL / Fedex (Note that they have a Rs 300-350 + tax handling fee)

An update on my issue, and this might be a problem for folks in UP (Noida / Ghaziabad etc.) shipping through HopShopGo.

DHL is adamant on getting a Form 39 for shipping - though all that happens today are random checks. So either you go to the Sales Tax department office and get the form stamped, or have it delivered to someone in Delhi, or worst, pick it up yourself in Delhi. For the latter two options, you will need to talk to HopShopGo / comGateway to ask them to authorise DHL for a redirect or pick as the case might be. I just did for mine, and I have been told it will take 2 days. 2 ****ing days. This, after the shipment took less than 2 days (that's right) to land in Delhi from the US.

@agantuk : That's really sad, I guess DHL follows processes to the dot.

Anyway if I may ask, what was the item and how much duty was charged? Also did the 1 kg promo work? If you can give a splitup of the charges it would be great! :)

Back